Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF,TTS and spurs

Posted by Pam on 1/08/02 at 21:11 (069272)

I posted a few weeks ago asking about casting for PF,TTS and spurs. I have had the cast on for 4 weeks and removed last Thursday. The pain never totally left but was alot better with the cast on. My pain increases with every movement. I go back to pod/surgeon next week to discuss surgery. I have been to three docs prior to this one for treatment of either one foot or the other over the past 8 years after back surgery left me with a 20 percent disability in my legs. I have tried all this board suggests except for the lasar treatment. My question is if I have the surgery what are the chances of failure due to the tightness in my calfs? Although I dont feel I have any choice, I would like to know if you think I will get long term releif from this as I know nothing will cure it. Thank you in advance for your time. Pam

Re: PF,TTS and spurs

Dr. Zuckeman on 1/08/02 at 21:57 (069282)

What is the surgical plan. Having tight heel cords is a factor that either needs to be address at the time of surgery or with physical therapy after surgery. Tell me exactly what kind of surgery is in the works

Barb L on 1/09/02 at 10:39 (069322)

I had bone spur surgery on my left foot three or four years ago. The right foot had been a problem but calmed down for some time. In the last year it has been very painful. I am very reluctant to go through that surgery again. It seemed like it was 9 months before all of the pain and soreness were gone. How successful is the sonic wave treatment and are there any Podiatrists in NY State, who perform this treatment?

Dr. Zuckeman on 1/08/02 at 21:57 (069282)

What is the surgical plan. Having tight heel cords is a factor that either needs to be address at the time of surgery or with physical therapy after surgery. Tell me exactly what kind of surgery is in the works

Barb L on 1/09/02 at 10:39 (069322)

I had bone spur surgery on my left foot three or four years ago. The right foot had been a problem but calmed down for some time. In the last year it has been very painful. I am very reluctant to go through that surgery again. It seemed like it was 9 months before all of the pain and soreness were gone. How successful is the sonic wave treatment and are there any Podiatrists in NY State, who perform this treatment?