Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Scott

Posted by Carmen on 1/09/02 at 14:16 (069366)

Have you heard of the A-Force Dorsal Night Splint? They go for $54.95 each....?
Looks like a pretty good splint for a reasonable price.....
but what do I know.

Re: Scott

Scott R on 1/09/02 at 18:14 (069401)

Thanks, stocking more than one night splint is one of those things on my 'to do' list. Heel cushions, foot log, that foot thing, arch exerciser, and a stretching wedge (anyone want to make them for me?) are also on my list of products to stock.

john h on 1/10/02 at 09:23 (069479)

All night splints do the same thing and that is hold the foot in a neutral or adust to a dorsiflex position of your choice. The only decision is which one is most comfortable for you. I have tried 4 different ones and the one Scott sells continues to be the most comfortable and easy to adjust. The price is also right. I alternate each foot each night. I might add that through experience I have found that if I crank in to much dorsiflex my foot is more painful the next day. I am probably just a few degrees over neutral.

Scott R on 1/09/02 at 18:14 (069401)

Thanks, stocking more than one night splint is one of those things on my 'to do' list. Heel cushions, foot log, that foot thing, arch exerciser, and a stretching wedge (anyone want to make them for me?) are also on my list of products to stock.

john h on 1/10/02 at 09:23 (069479)

All night splints do the same thing and that is hold the foot in a neutral or adust to a dorsiflex position of your choice. The only decision is which one is most comfortable for you. I have tried 4 different ones and the one Scott sells continues to be the most comfortable and easy to adjust. The price is also right. I alternate each foot each night. I might add that through experience I have found that if I crank in to much dorsiflex my foot is more painful the next day. I am probably just a few degrees over neutral.