Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT Candidate

Posted by Laura I on 1/09/02 at 15:23 (069373)

I live in Boston, MA and have had plantar fasciitis for approx 9 months brought on by running. I've tried orthotics, PT and a cortizone injection with minimal relief. Are there any doctors in the Boston area performing ESWT?

Re: ESWT Candidate

Dr. Zuckeman on 1/09/02 at 15:58 (069375)

Not at this time maybe in the future. We have many patients fly and or drive to our Philadelphia office for ESWT. We have used ESWT for the past two years with very effective resolution of heel pain. If you would like information on our ESWT program just e-mail DR. Zuckerman at (email removed). If you have a specific question feel free to ask me

Re: MGH, sooner or later

BrianG on 1/10/02 at 12:44 (069519)

Hi Laura,

MGH was in a series of ESWT trials a couple years ago, using the Dornier machine. Word is that it will be approved at any time. They are are running it out of their Orthopaedic offices. Give them a call. If you find out anything, please post it here, for others in the area. Good luck

BCG

PS I'm sorry to say there are no other ESWT machines in Ma.

Re: ESWT Candidate

Dr. Zuckeman on 1/09/02 at 15:58 (069375)

Not at this time maybe in the future. We have many patients fly and or drive to our Philadelphia office for ESWT. We have used ESWT for the past two years with very effective resolution of heel pain. If you would like information on our ESWT program just e-mail DR. Zuckerman at (email removed). If you have a specific question feel free to ask me

Re: MGH, sooner or later

BrianG on 1/10/02 at 12:44 (069519)

Hi Laura,

MGH was in a series of ESWT trials a couple years ago, using the Dornier machine. Word is that it will be approved at any time. They are are running it out of their Orthopaedic offices. Give them a call. If you find out anything, please post it here, for others in the area. Good luck

BCG

PS I'm sorry to say there are no other ESWT machines in Ma.