Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Roll Call... (or is it role call?)... How many people here have left their jobs because of PF?

Posted by Valerie S on 1/09/02 at 18:47 (069405)

Just wondering...

I left retail management and have been off work for almost 10 months now.

I know there are others, like Laurie and Brian...

Val.

Re: Roll Call... (or is it role call?)... How many people here have left their jobs because of PF?

Janet C on 1/09/02 at 21:25 (069422)

Hi Valerie,

I had to quit my job(s) over five years ago, due to the pain of the PF. And as a result of several subsequent failed surgeries, I doubt that I'll ever be able to return. However, I figure that I'm probably one of the worst cases out here, which is the reason I don't post very often.

Wishing you the best ~ Janet

Re: Roll Call... (or is it role call?)... How many people here have left their jobs because of PF?

Richard, C.Ped on 1/10/02 at 08:11 (069471)

I started my job because of PF.....how weird is that..... :-)
Richard

PatC on 1/10/02 at 10:16 (069489)

I didn't have feet problems until after I retired from teaching. I can't imagine being able to teach with PF. I admire those teachers on the board who are able to do it.

Carmen on 1/10/02 at 10:33 (069495)

There are at home jobs to do for income...I have just appalied to one for supplementing my income until I get rolling into the New year (I am on commission instead of salary this year...yikes! ;-) I'll do fine...not worried but want to stay ahead financially).

Necee on 1/10/02 at 11:44 (069511)

I haven't left my job yet, but with a jerk for a boss its anyones guess as to why I stay!!!! And its certainly not the pay either!
My feet can tolerate me being on them 8 hrs because of my Birks. If not for those shoes I'd be flat of my back by now.
And since I'm ticked at my boss for many reasons! He's going to be flat on his back if he doesn't change his attitude! Which reminds me.....Wendy N add him to your POO list for me.
Another poll---- does anyone have a jerk for a boss?????
Thanks for allowing me to VENT!! Me upset??? No not me!!!!! #%!!*&%#@%^#!!!
Happy Trails........
Necee

BrianG on 1/10/02 at 12:21 (069518)

I left in Oct, 2001, but it should have been at least 3 years earlier. Pain meds allowed me to continue working, and pay off my house. Ironiclly, I'll most likely loose it (house) if I loose the SSD case :*(

BCG

Carmen on 1/10/02 at 12:51 (069522)

Brian~

I am receiving work from home package next week...do you want information on it if it looks good? I would hate for you to lose your home...:-(

BrianG on 1/10/02 at 17:14 (069565)

Yes, I am interested. So many seem to be scams, I hope you find a credible one. I know people who do work at home, but they are workers that have lost their offices, but still continue to work for the same company.

BCG

D.J on 1/10/02 at 18:30 (069573)

I'm lucky to have had a desk computer job before I got injured. Of course over the last year in my quest to try to find what I REALLY want to do I realize I'm not happy sitting behind a computer screen 8 hours a day. Most of the occupations I'm interested in involve being on my feet and lots of walking. Unfortunately, the foot pain makes me feel trapped in a desk job until I find the cure. I'm glad you asked the question becuase I often think of all the occupations I wouldn't be able to do like teaching, waiting tables, video production etc. etc.

Pam B on 1/10/02 at 20:45 (069589)

I quit mine in Sept.......was shift manager at a deli/store......could not go one more day on the concrete floors......found out tonite I will be having surgery in the next couple weeks so hopefully it will give me back some quality to my life so I can go back to work before I am bankrupt on top of all this crap.......it sucks to be cripple at the young ages I see here and me one of them....living like we are 80 and most of us are no where near our senior years......geez, most 80 year olds get around better than those of us that suffer from these foot ailments.......good luck to everyone.........

Anthony P on 1/10/02 at 21:49 (069603)

I'm out of work since july 2001 ,I was a lead tech mechanic and trainer for
14 years ,8 to 12 hours a day on concrete and steel. Worked in pain for a year Since I'm on leave they closed down the shops. As soon as I'm better I hope to start my own bussness. Anthony P

Carmen on 1/11/02 at 07:49 (069619)

I have really done some research on this stuff to find supplemental income that is legitimate. So I will keep you posted. Please send me a reminder next week...my life is really getting busy! whew!
:-)

nancy s. on 1/12/02 at 03:46 (069719)

valerie, i had to cut down on my antiques work (self-employed) for the first 8 months of PF, and then had to stop working altogether when other tendonitises developed. overall, i worked little or not at all for two and a half years.
but i'm getting back to it now, so hang on to your hope, folks.
nancy

Janet C on 1/09/02 at 21:25 (069422)

Hi Valerie,

I had to quit my job(s) over five years ago, due to the pain of the PF. And as a result of several subsequent failed surgeries, I doubt that I'll ever be able to return. However, I figure that I'm probably one of the worst cases out here, which is the reason I don't post very often.

Wishing you the best ~ Janet

Richard, C.Ped on 1/10/02 at 08:11 (069471)

I started my job because of PF.....how weird is that..... :-)
Richard

PatC on 1/10/02 at 10:16 (069489)

I didn't have feet problems until after I retired from teaching. I can't imagine being able to teach with PF. I admire those teachers on the board who are able to do it.

Carmen on 1/10/02 at 10:33 (069495)

There are at home jobs to do for income...I have just appalied to one for supplementing my income until I get rolling into the New year (I am on commission instead of salary this year...yikes! ;-) I'll do fine...not worried but want to stay ahead financially).

Necee on 1/10/02 at 11:44 (069511)

I haven't left my job yet, but with a jerk for a boss its anyones guess as to why I stay!!!! And its certainly not the pay either!
My feet can tolerate me being on them 8 hrs because of my Birks. If not for those shoes I'd be flat of my back by now.
And since I'm ticked at my boss for many reasons! He's going to be flat on his back if he doesn't change his attitude! Which reminds me.....Wendy N add him to your POO list for me.
Another poll---- does anyone have a jerk for a boss?????
Thanks for allowing me to VENT!! Me upset??? No not me!!!!! #%!!*&%#@%^#!!!
Happy Trails........
Necee

BrianG on 1/10/02 at 12:21 (069518)

I left in Oct, 2001, but it should have been at least 3 years earlier. Pain meds allowed me to continue working, and pay off my house. Ironiclly, I'll most likely loose it (house) if I loose the SSD case :*(

BCG

Carmen on 1/10/02 at 12:51 (069522)

Brian~

I am receiving work from home package next week...do you want information on it if it looks good? I would hate for you to lose your home...:-(

BrianG on 1/10/02 at 17:14 (069565)

Yes, I am interested. So many seem to be scams, I hope you find a credible one. I know people who do work at home, but they are workers that have lost their offices, but still continue to work for the same company.

BCG

D.J on 1/10/02 at 18:30 (069573)

I'm lucky to have had a desk computer job before I got injured. Of course over the last year in my quest to try to find what I REALLY want to do I realize I'm not happy sitting behind a computer screen 8 hours a day. Most of the occupations I'm interested in involve being on my feet and lots of walking. Unfortunately, the foot pain makes me feel trapped in a desk job until I find the cure. I'm glad you asked the question becuase I often think of all the occupations I wouldn't be able to do like teaching, waiting tables, video production etc. etc.

Pam B on 1/10/02 at 20:45 (069589)

I quit mine in Sept.......was shift manager at a deli/store......could not go one more day on the concrete floors......found out tonite I will be having surgery in the next couple weeks so hopefully it will give me back some quality to my life so I can go back to work before I am bankrupt on top of all this crap.......it sucks to be cripple at the young ages I see here and me one of them....living like we are 80 and most of us are no where near our senior years......geez, most 80 year olds get around better than those of us that suffer from these foot ailments.......good luck to everyone.........

Anthony P on 1/10/02 at 21:49 (069603)

I'm out of work since july 2001 ,I was a lead tech mechanic and trainer for
14 years ,8 to 12 hours a day on concrete and steel. Worked in pain for a year Since I'm on leave they closed down the shops. As soon as I'm better I hope to start my own bussness. Anthony P

Carmen on 1/11/02 at 07:49 (069619)

I have really done some research on this stuff to find supplemental income that is legitimate. So I will keep you posted. Please send me a reminder next week...my life is really getting busy! whew!
:-)

nancy s. on 1/12/02 at 03:46 (069719)

valerie, i had to cut down on my antiques work (self-employed) for the first 8 months of PF, and then had to stop working altogether when other tendonitises developed. overall, i worked little or not at all for two and a half years.
but i'm getting back to it now, so hang on to your hope, folks.
nancy