Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Bee Venom Therapy

Posted by D.J on 1/09/02 at 23:07 (069439)

After failing to respond to other Prolotherapy methods, my Dr. used Bee Venom for my foot injury. After the first shot, my foot felt better than it had in awhile. However, after a week I returned to normal. I continued to have three more injections of the Bee Venom before moving on to a stronger substance. I'm yet to see the results that I did temporarily after the bee venom shot. I'm now wondering whether it did help or whether I just convinced myself that it was helping because I want so badly to be better and to return to a normal life

Re: Bee Venom Therapy

BrianG on 1/10/02 at 11:43 (069510)

Hi DJ,

Welcome to the PF wars. I too tried Prolotherapy with no relief. It sounds like that one bee venom shot may have had a placebo effect. You mention they are trying something stronger now, just wondering what it might be? I know how you feel, wanting to try anything to get rid of the pain. For me, I achieved it somewhat, through daily pain meds. Good luck

BCG

D.J on 1/10/02 at 18:43 (069575)

I have an appointment with my Dr. tomorrow morning Brian. Since this is probably the last shot I'll receive unless a miracle happens I'll find out what substances he has used and get back to you this weekend or Monday.

BrianG on 1/10/02 at 11:43 (069510)

Hi DJ,

Welcome to the PF wars. I too tried Prolotherapy with no relief. It sounds like that one bee venom shot may have had a placebo effect. You mention they are trying something stronger now, just wondering what it might be? I know how you feel, wanting to try anything to get rid of the pain. For me, I achieved it somewhat, through daily pain meds. Good luck

BCG

D.J on 1/10/02 at 18:43 (069575)

I have an appointment with my Dr. tomorrow morning Brian. Since this is probably the last shot I'll receive unless a miracle happens I'll find out what substances he has used and get back to you this weekend or Monday.