Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Best Shoes - Dress and Casual

Posted by D.J. on 1/10/02 at 13:19 (069523)

Hi. I'm new to the board and still exploring. Is there a section of the website that ranks running shoes and dress shoes used for foot pain sufferers? I'm love to go in to a store and know a few different options to check out. So far, the one shoe that feels the best is the Etonic Stable Air. I have a pretty narrow foot and high arches. My pain is in a different area then most on this board. It is toward the front of the arch on the inside, right before it starts rising again to the sole. My last Dr. believes that I have a ligament ruptured in that area. Three pairs of orthodics have not done the trick.

Re: Best Shoes - Dress and Casual

Suzanne D on 1/12/02 at 21:52 (069827)

I'm sorry, D.J., that your orthotics did not help. I don't know the answers for you, but I hated for your post to go unanswered - expecially since you are new. Welcome to the board! Here you will find many people who really care and will share what knowledge they have along with understanding sympathy. Believe me, it can really make a difference for you!

You might try doing a search on this board, typing in running shoes or dress shoes. I can remember several posts by doctors in which they describe the attributes of different running shoes for various feet problems.

There have been several (especially women) who have written expressing the need to find nice dress shoes which accomodate orthotics. That seems to be a hard one to find, but there has been discussion on that, too.

Good luck! I hope you can find some answers with a search on this board!

Re: D.J. has narrow feet and high arches-anyone have suggestions???

rebecca h on 1/12/02 at 22:19 (069833)

Though I have wide feet and average arches I thought this might get some responses that could help you. Hope you can find some really good shoes for your feet. We're all familiar with the frustration of having foot problems and trouble finding the right shoes. Keep checking back here. You are on a very supportive and helpful message board.

D.J. on 1/14/02 at 13:55 (069963)

Thanks for your all's help. I'll try the search option and hopefully find something that works!

rebecca h on 1/15/02 at 18:39 (070089)

Try http://www.roadrunnersports.com
They have a shoe dog feature where you type in a description of your feet (they give you options to choose from) and then they reccommend certain types of shoes that would probably work for you. If you order some shoes and don't like them you can send them back for a refund or replacement.
Hope this helps. I'm not sure why no one else has answered your post. Maybe we all have wide feet around here!!!! : ) Just kidding.

rebecca h on 1/15/02 at 18:42 (070091)

The shoe dog feature is under the heading Expert Shoe Help

Re: If this doesn't help ask Elliot. He's rather intelligent and helps people around here.

rebecca h on 1/15/02 at 18:44 (070093)

nm

Re: Best Shoes - Dress and Casual

Suzanne D on 1/12/02 at 21:52 (069827)

I'm sorry, D.J., that your orthotics did not help. I don't know the answers for you, but I hated for your post to go unanswered - expecially since you are new. Welcome to the board! Here you will find many people who really care and will share what knowledge they have along with understanding sympathy. Believe me, it can really make a difference for you!

You might try doing a search on this board, typing in running shoes or dress shoes. I can remember several posts by doctors in which they describe the attributes of different running shoes for various feet problems.

There have been several (especially women) who have written expressing the need to find nice dress shoes which accomodate orthotics. That seems to be a hard one to find, but there has been discussion on that, too.

Good luck! I hope you can find some answers with a search on this board!

rebecca h on 1/12/02 at 22:19 (069833)

Though I have wide feet and average arches I thought this might get some responses that could help you. Hope you can find some really good shoes for your feet. We're all familiar with the frustration of having foot problems and trouble finding the right shoes. Keep checking back here. You are on a very supportive and helpful message board.

D.J. on 1/14/02 at 13:55 (069963)

Thanks for your all's help. I'll try the search option and hopefully find something that works!

rebecca h on 1/15/02 at 18:39 (070089)

Try http://www.roadrunnersports.com
They have a shoe dog feature where you type in a description of your feet (they give you options to choose from) and then they reccommend certain types of shoes that would probably work for you. If you order some shoes and don't like them you can send them back for a refund or replacement.
Hope this helps. I'm not sure why no one else has answered your post. Maybe we all have wide feet around here!!!! : ) Just kidding.

rebecca h on 1/15/02 at 18:42 (070091)

The shoe dog feature is under the heading Expert Shoe Help

Re: If this doesn't help ask Elliot. He's rather intelligent and helps people around here.

rebecca h on 1/15/02 at 18:44 (070093)

nm