Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Looking for low impact exercises to do

Posted by Marty on 1/10/02 at 13:34 (069525)

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any good cardio exercises other then swimming that doesn't involve the feet???

-Marty

Re: Looking for low impact exercises to do

Natalie on 1/11/02 at 17:50 (069675)

I was kind of wondering the same thing too Marty. I am in the process of losing the extra weight (already lost 32 lbs so far... have 117 lbs left to lose). I really need to EXERCISE to lose the weight effectively and what I am doing right now is half good for me. I mean, I am doing 30 min of stationary bike which is good BUT I am also doing 30 min of elliptical training machine which is not good for the heels since I am standing on my feet all the way long, and I feel very much pain afterwards. But that machine makes such a good aerobic workout I would just hate to give it up. I know I should consider my feet health over that elliptical machine but WHAT else??? Swimming does not do it for me. Anything else anyone???? Thanks

Sage R. on 1/13/02 at 16:44 (069880)

well it isn't really 'cardio' per say, but i am starting yoga. i used to love to run & walk and so far it seems like a way to keep active to some degree and it involves stretching which can actually help. although the first words of the instructor's mouth were 'yoga is NOT the same as stretching'

Bill D on 3/11/02 at 20:21 (076211)

Marty,
I've been using a cardio machine at my gym that you pedal with your arms.
I do not know what it's called, but I've seen them at many gyms. It's a great cardio workout and I really work up a big sweat. You sit without using your feet at all.
Hope you can find one in your town.

Natalie on 1/11/02 at 17:50 (069675)

I was kind of wondering the same thing too Marty. I am in the process of losing the extra weight (already lost 32 lbs so far... have 117 lbs left to lose). I really need to EXERCISE to lose the weight effectively and what I am doing right now is half good for me. I mean, I am doing 30 min of stationary bike which is good BUT I am also doing 30 min of elliptical training machine which is not good for the heels since I am standing on my feet all the way long, and I feel very much pain afterwards. But that machine makes such a good aerobic workout I would just hate to give it up. I know I should consider my feet health over that elliptical machine but WHAT else??? Swimming does not do it for me. Anything else anyone???? Thanks

Sage R. on 1/13/02 at 16:44 (069880)

well it isn't really 'cardio' per say, but i am starting yoga. i used to love to run & walk and so far it seems like a way to keep active to some degree and it involves stretching which can actually help. although the first words of the instructor's mouth were 'yoga is NOT the same as stretching'

Bill D on 3/11/02 at 20:21 (076211)

Marty,
I've been using a cardio machine at my gym that you pedal with your arms.
I do not know what it's called, but I've seen them at many gyms. It's a great cardio workout and I really work up a big sweat. You sit without using your feet at all.
Hope you can find one in your town.