Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr's... questions...

Posted by CatherineL on 1/11/02 at 08:38 (069622)

Hi again,

I'm on a rollercoaster ride of better and worse, depending if I'm going for laser treatments, so, no, still no cure.

The orthopedic surgeon recommending, night splint >3mths, walking boot thereafter, reumatologist (fibro or arthritis?), then maybe ESWT? night splint is not a cure so far, reumatologist appt in 2 weeks...

I'm trying to max local resources before I spend a hefty price for a plane ticket, car rental and accomodations for out of province to Bayshore ESWT, so...

1). What's the thought on trigger-point injections for PF? I did a search on this site and there wasn't much info...

2). if it's a covered treatment, is it worth a try...

3). and what is the difference between trigger-point injection, prolotherapy, schlerotherapy?

I'd like to know before i get a referal from my dr for this, cause the cortisone shot was probably the worst thing I've experinced in my life, .... worse than labor,.... uh and much worse than a kidney stone,... worse than everything - maybe I could get knocked-out for it?)

Thanx
Catherine