Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Cortisone shot for heelspur

Posted by Lynda B on 1/11/02 at 10:01 (069626)

Does this take long. And is it quite painful. Do they use a long or short needle. I hate pain. I am very nervous about this.

Re: Cortisone shot for heelspur

Lynda B on 1/11/02 at 10:07 (069627)

Does this take long. Is it quite painful. Do they use a long needle. I hate pain and I am very nervous about this.

Nicole K. on 1/11/02 at 14:44 (069654)

bbt.cgi?n=69650

I have no idea where my post is going and why it's not enging up in the right place. :(

Natalie on 1/11/02 at 17:01 (069672)

I had cortisone injections in the past. Did no good for me. But I can answer your questions. Does it take long? NO, a few seconds. Painful? NOT at all, walking on your feet is way more painful. Needle length? Well, from what I saw, it is quite long (but I suggest for you not to look at it ;) No need for you to be nervous at all. You'll see that you will be surprise at how quick the process of the injection will be. Wishing you all the success for pain relief Lynda!!

Carol B on 1/14/02 at 15:39 (069968)

I had a cortisone shot and although it was painful for me, I'm now able to walk without any problems!
I am a fainter and knew I'd be nervous about it. I did faint, and later had a cortisone flare. The heel was so painful I couldn't walk for 2 days. But that all went away and I'm so much better I can't believe it.
My advice is to grit your teeth and go for it.

Darlene on 1/20/02 at 23:19 (070715)

I have had about 5 shots in the past year. The ones my family dr. gave me he stuck straight into the heel and they hurt like the dickens. The ones my orthopedic surgeon gave me, he stuck the needle in the fatty pad near my heel on the inside of my foot. Hardly hurt at all, his nurse sprayed that cold stuff on it while he did it. It just felt like a little sting. I could hardly believe the difference in the two techniques!

Lynda B on 1/11/02 at 10:07 (069627)

Does this take long. Is it quite painful. Do they use a long needle. I hate pain and I am very nervous about this.

Nicole K. on 1/11/02 at 14:44 (069654)

bbt.cgi?n=69650

I have no idea where my post is going and why it's not enging up in the right place. :(

Natalie on 1/11/02 at 17:01 (069672)

I had cortisone injections in the past. Did no good for me. But I can answer your questions. Does it take long? NO, a few seconds. Painful? NOT at all, walking on your feet is way more painful. Needle length? Well, from what I saw, it is quite long (but I suggest for you not to look at it ;) No need for you to be nervous at all. You'll see that you will be surprise at how quick the process of the injection will be. Wishing you all the success for pain relief Lynda!!

Carol B on 1/14/02 at 15:39 (069968)

I had a cortisone shot and although it was painful for me, I'm now able to walk without any problems!
I am a fainter and knew I'd be nervous about it. I did faint, and later had a cortisone flare. The heel was so painful I couldn't walk for 2 days. But that all went away and I'm so much better I can't believe it.
My advice is to grit your teeth and go for it.

Darlene on 1/20/02 at 23:19 (070715)

I have had about 5 shots in the past year. The ones my family dr. gave me he stuck straight into the heel and they hurt like the dickens. The ones my orthopedic surgeon gave me, he stuck the needle in the fatty pad near my heel on the inside of my foot. Hardly hurt at all, his nurse sprayed that cold stuff on it while he did it. It just felt like a little sting. I could hardly believe the difference in the two techniques!