Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TTS SURgery

Posted by Linda on 1/11/02 at 10:21 (069628)

I had tts surgery on December 14, 2001. I am so glad that i had it done. I am almost one month postop, and all my pain is almost gone. the only pain i have is from an infection in my incision,and my achilles tendon is tight from not using it. Other than that, i feel so much better. No aching, no shooting pains up to my toes,and i am sleeping so much better. I start physical therapy as soon as my incision is cleared up. I am glad that i don't have all the problems i have heard of from people who had the surgery.

Re: TTS SURgery

cindyp on 1/11/02 at 12:30 (069635)

good for you. you feel much better. i didn't get an infection. bummer be careful. i didn't have to go to physical therapy but some cases are different. i still every once in awhile ( i can count the occurences on one hand) get a pain but nothing like before. good luck to ya.

elliott on 1/11/02 at 13:33 (069639)

Glad you're doing better.

Do you know what initially caused your symptoms? Pre-surgery did you have an MRI/Xray and did it show anything? And did the surgeon find anything unusual?

--

Linda on 1/11/02 at 15:56 (069663)

Well, in the summer of 2000, (which i had major knee surgery) we were at a fireworks display watching it from a dock down by the bay, and i slipped on the docks and hit my foot on a huge cluster of rocks,and i broke 3 metatarsals in my foot. I swear after that i always had pain in my foot, along with tingling and numbness. I also have had heel spurs for years. I had xrays, therapy, cortizone,and numerous antianflammitory drugs,but after therapy in November, I told my surgeon that when the therapist touched my ankle, it killed. He immediately told me i had tarsal tunnel syndrome. When I was scheduled for the surgery, he told me it would take an hour, but it ended up taking 2 1/2 hours. he cut my plantar fascia,removed a heel spur, and told me i had a lot more nerve damage than he anticipated. He also said that I had damage to my achilles tendon,and ligament.

Linda on 1/11/02 at 15:58 (069664)

Thank you

Christy D. on 1/18/02 at 17:43 (070439)

Linda, I am SOOOOOOOOO happy for you...I pray that your foot stays pain free. I will be having surgery in March and can't wait to get rid of this pain. I've had foot pain for 1 1/2 years now and enough is a enough! I wish you the very best! xoxo

Linda on 1/19/02 at 08:59 (070486)

Thank you Christy, and good luck on your surgery. Hopefully you will have positive results like me.

cindyp on 1/11/02 at 12:30 (069635)

good for you. you feel much better. i didn't get an infection. bummer be careful. i didn't have to go to physical therapy but some cases are different. i still every once in awhile ( i can count the occurences on one hand) get a pain but nothing like before. good luck to ya.

elliott on 1/11/02 at 13:33 (069639)

Glad you're doing better.

Do you know what initially caused your symptoms? Pre-surgery did you have an MRI/Xray and did it show anything? And did the surgeon find anything unusual?

--

Linda on 1/11/02 at 15:56 (069663)

Well, in the summer of 2000, (which i had major knee surgery) we were at a fireworks display watching it from a dock down by the bay, and i slipped on the docks and hit my foot on a huge cluster of rocks,and i broke 3 metatarsals in my foot. I swear after that i always had pain in my foot, along with tingling and numbness. I also have had heel spurs for years. I had xrays, therapy, cortizone,and numerous antianflammitory drugs,but after therapy in November, I told my surgeon that when the therapist touched my ankle, it killed. He immediately told me i had tarsal tunnel syndrome. When I was scheduled for the surgery, he told me it would take an hour, but it ended up taking 2 1/2 hours. he cut my plantar fascia,removed a heel spur, and told me i had a lot more nerve damage than he anticipated. He also said that I had damage to my achilles tendon,and ligament.

Linda on 1/11/02 at 15:58 (069664)

Thank you

Christy D. on 1/18/02 at 17:43 (070439)

Linda, I am SOOOOOOOOO happy for you...I pray that your foot stays pain free. I will be having surgery in March and can't wait to get rid of this pain. I've had foot pain for 1 1/2 years now and enough is a enough! I wish you the very best! xoxo

Linda on 1/19/02 at 08:59 (070486)

Thank you Christy, and good luck on your surgery. Hopefully you will have positive results like me.