Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

to Laurie...

Posted by Suzanne D on 1/11/02 at 15:28 (069662)

I just wanted to say that I am SORRY that you are in such pain and that I hope you can get relief soon!!!

Let us hear from you. I am praying for you.

Suzanne :-)

Re: to Laurie...

Laurie R on 1/11/02 at 20:28 (069701)

Oh Suzanne , thank you so very much for thinking and praying for me . WOW!!! It made my day to see your post.. I have been feeling so alone since my pain has gotten so out of control. I know I have all my friends here , but it has been such a hard week .... So an extra thank you goes out to you for your kind post to me...

I always say no matter how bad it gets their is always someone worse off then me .. All I have to do is go to my Pain clinic to see someone worse off then me...

I did see my PM doctor today , and since my RSD is flared up he wants me to have another spinal injection done . I will be going this Thursday at 7:30 in the am , I have to be at the surgery center at 6:30 am . It is hard cause I had no way of getting there and no way to get home .. But my PM doctor wants me to have this done to settle down the sympathetic nerves .. Plus my kids need a ride to school . So my mom is going to ask on Monday if she can have the day off so she can take me and help with the kids.... I can't drive after having this done . I will be very drugged up , I don't even remember the rides home from the last three times...

He did up my pain meds , he also said I need to be on something longer acting to help with the pain . He wanted to put me on the Fentenole (SP) patch so I will get the pain meds 24 hours a day . But at this point I don't want it . I am to scared to be on something that strong . I have to take care of my kids . I think after my surgery I will have to be on the patch ..... I can wait till than ...My kids come first .....

Thank you again for checking on me ....

How are you doing ???
Much love , Laurie R

Necee on 1/11/02 at 21:32 (069706)

All my thoughts and prayers are with you Laurie. You know that I'm always here for you.
God Bless friend and I pray that everything will be ok.
Love,
Necee

wendyn on 1/12/02 at 01:09 (069714)

Laurie - my mom had to take fentenal (I don't know how to spell it either) following back surgery. She said it is a very pure, very effective narcotic that is wonderful for pain. If you need it - it may be the best thing.

Valerie S on 1/12/02 at 13:32 (069765)

Oh Laurie, I'm so sorry that you are going through so much. You have been such a great friend to me over the last year. I am praying for you and hope you can get some relief soon!

Val.

Anthony P on 1/12/02 at 20:37 (069810)

HI, Laurie Sorry to hear your in bad pain , As always my prayers always go
out to you . Anthony P

Laurie R on 1/11/02 at 20:28 (069701)

Oh Suzanne , thank you so very much for thinking and praying for me . WOW!!! It made my day to see your post.. I have been feeling so alone since my pain has gotten so out of control. I know I have all my friends here , but it has been such a hard week .... So an extra thank you goes out to you for your kind post to me...

I always say no matter how bad it gets their is always someone worse off then me .. All I have to do is go to my Pain clinic to see someone worse off then me...

I did see my PM doctor today , and since my RSD is flared up he wants me to have another spinal injection done . I will be going this Thursday at 7:30 in the am , I have to be at the surgery center at 6:30 am . It is hard cause I had no way of getting there and no way to get home .. But my PM doctor wants me to have this done to settle down the sympathetic nerves .. Plus my kids need a ride to school . So my mom is going to ask on Monday if she can have the day off so she can take me and help with the kids.... I can't drive after having this done . I will be very drugged up , I don't even remember the rides home from the last three times...

He did up my pain meds , he also said I need to be on something longer acting to help with the pain . He wanted to put me on the Fentenole (SP) patch so I will get the pain meds 24 hours a day . But at this point I don't want it . I am to scared to be on something that strong . I have to take care of my kids . I think after my surgery I will have to be on the patch ..... I can wait till than ...My kids come first .....

Thank you again for checking on me ....

How are you doing ???
Much love , Laurie R

Necee on 1/11/02 at 21:32 (069706)

All my thoughts and prayers are with you Laurie. You know that I'm always here for you.
God Bless friend and I pray that everything will be ok.
Love,
Necee

wendyn on 1/12/02 at 01:09 (069714)

Laurie - my mom had to take fentenal (I don't know how to spell it either) following back surgery. She said it is a very pure, very effective narcotic that is wonderful for pain. If you need it - it may be the best thing.

Valerie S on 1/12/02 at 13:32 (069765)

Oh Laurie, I'm so sorry that you are going through so much. You have been such a great friend to me over the last year. I am praying for you and hope you can get some relief soon!

Val.

Anthony P on 1/12/02 at 20:37 (069810)

HI, Laurie Sorry to hear your in bad pain , As always my prayers always go
out to you . Anthony P