Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TTS and Physical Therapy

Posted by EKC on 1/11/02 at 17:01 (069671)

Anyone had any success w/Physical Therapy for TTS? What types of
things did the PT do?

Re: TTS and Physical Therapy

Don on 1/12/02 at 02:40 (069716)

I had PT after TTS surgery. The PT put my foot in a ice boot and filled it with ice water. The water was changed for fresh cold water every 10 minutes or so. The treatment lasted for 30 mins plus. At the same time as the ice water treatment, a tens device was in place that sent pulsating electrical signals to my foot. The PT would turn the device up steadily increasing the electrical flow. After several treatments, I was given a portable TENS device to take home. It can be worn all day if necessary. It goes under your clothes. Battery powered, you regulate the amount of electricity to your foot via two knobs. It actually helps, and feels good. I can forget it is on. Good Luck.

Renee H on 1/14/02 at 09:03 (069954)

I haven't heard of the water and electric therapy. My doctor just told me that he wants to do the Nerve Conduction Test and then probably physical therapy. I think this is the route I need but I'm not going to let this doctor do anything more to me. I'm curious about what physical therapy is working for people. He described putting a pad on the ankle area and pulsating in some gel. He also said he might do one other kind he didn't describe. Any suggestions what's good or bad? I have tarsal tunnel and plantar fasciitis.

thanks - Renee

Don on 1/12/02 at 02:40 (069716)

I had PT after TTS surgery. The PT put my foot in a ice boot and filled it with ice water. The water was changed for fresh cold water every 10 minutes or so. The treatment lasted for 30 mins plus. At the same time as the ice water treatment, a tens device was in place that sent pulsating electrical signals to my foot. The PT would turn the device up steadily increasing the electrical flow. After several treatments, I was given a portable TENS device to take home. It can be worn all day if necessary. It goes under your clothes. Battery powered, you regulate the amount of electricity to your foot via two knobs. It actually helps, and feels good. I can forget it is on. Good Luck.

Renee H on 1/14/02 at 09:03 (069954)

I haven't heard of the water and electric therapy. My doctor just told me that he wants to do the Nerve Conduction Test and then probably physical therapy. I think this is the route I need but I'm not going to let this doctor do anything more to me. I'm curious about what physical therapy is working for people. He described putting a pad on the ankle area and pulsating in some gel. He also said he might do one other kind he didn't describe. Any suggestions what's good or bad? I have tarsal tunnel and plantar fasciitis.

thanks - Renee