Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Knot in foot post surgery 9/14

Posted by Paula on 1/12/02 at 11:10 (069740)

I had a partial release surgery done on 9/14. He also filed down the heel spur and found there was nerve entrapment and took care of that also. Well, what feels like a 'knot' has developed in my arch area and is quite painful.
I told the doctor but he just said it is the fascia or something. He was not very concerned. All I know is it was not there before surgery and is there now.
Any info would be helpful that I could discuss with him. He is very good and open to what I say.

Re: Knot in foot post surgery 9/14

Crystal S on 1/12/02 at 11:39 (069742)

Paula,
Hi I don't really have an answer for you but I had a raised up knot on my foot that has just recently went down some.My surgery was 10-03-01.I never did know what it was I just assumed that it was inflamation or who knows what.How are you doing now? If you read my post on down the page you know that I am having all kinds of trouble with my recovery and even being able to walk very much yet.I would love to hear from someone else that has been through this too and see how you are doing.What type of post op instructions were you given? What type of treatments were you given for recovery? What kind of shoe,boot,cast,etc did they have you in? Where is your incision at on your foot? They did mine on the outside of my left heel and the new podiatrist says that he has never seen anyone due this type of surgery on that side due to the nerves being on that side and it can cause nerve entrapment.I hope you don't mind me asking all of these questions but I had a very bad podiatrist that performed my surgery and have since changed to a new one but he is talking about having to cut my foot open again due to excessive scar tissue buildup and I don't know what to do.I really appreciate your time and any advice that you can give so that I am better prepared to make a decision on where we go from here.

Thanks,
Crystal

Paula on 1/12/02 at 18:35 (069801)

Hi Crystal. Yes, feel free to e-mail me personally at (email removed)
I have been using my crutches and cane more and that seems to help because it takes the weight off my foot. Just a nuisance, but a need right now. You just had your surgery then. Was your knot hard? I will see what I find out. Please e-mail me, i would love to share experiences. As far as post op instructions, basically no stairs and bear weight as tolerated. Which at first was very, very minimal. I still get it from doctor for overdoing it. So, I try to sit more. But, I am sure we were all busy at holiday season. How are you doing?

Anthony P on 1/12/02 at 22:25 (069837)

I have a knot at the top of my foot after surgery Nov 7th My doctor said it was a internal stitch that will desolve over time.

Re: Crystal

Anthony P on 1/12/02 at 23:03 (069839)

I had Surgery Nov 7th for three problems a open parcel facisa release spur removed ,achilles tendon repair, tendon repair top of ankle .
I had same day surgery in a cast non weigth bearing for 3 weeks
Then i had all the staples removed went into a walking boot for two weeks
with crutches All three of the insitions are on the inside of my foot. For the first month I only could walk on my toes.To this day my Achilles is very tight.Recovery takes a long time.Im not pain free yet.
Non weigth bearing streches with P .T. Helps alot .
Crystal, good luck to you I hope you find relief soon.
Anthony P

Crystal S on 1/12/02 at 11:39 (069742)

Paula,
Hi I don't really have an answer for you but I had a raised up knot on my foot that has just recently went down some.My surgery was 10-03-01.I never did know what it was I just assumed that it was inflamation or who knows what.How are you doing now? If you read my post on down the page you know that I am having all kinds of trouble with my recovery and even being able to walk very much yet.I would love to hear from someone else that has been through this too and see how you are doing.What type of post op instructions were you given? What type of treatments were you given for recovery? What kind of shoe,boot,cast,etc did they have you in? Where is your incision at on your foot? They did mine on the outside of my left heel and the new podiatrist says that he has never seen anyone due this type of surgery on that side due to the nerves being on that side and it can cause nerve entrapment.I hope you don't mind me asking all of these questions but I had a very bad podiatrist that performed my surgery and have since changed to a new one but he is talking about having to cut my foot open again due to excessive scar tissue buildup and I don't know what to do.I really appreciate your time and any advice that you can give so that I am better prepared to make a decision on where we go from here.

Thanks,
Crystal

Paula on 1/12/02 at 18:35 (069801)

Hi Crystal. Yes, feel free to e-mail me personally at (email removed)
I have been using my crutches and cane more and that seems to help because it takes the weight off my foot. Just a nuisance, but a need right now. You just had your surgery then. Was your knot hard? I will see what I find out. Please e-mail me, i would love to share experiences. As far as post op instructions, basically no stairs and bear weight as tolerated. Which at first was very, very minimal. I still get it from doctor for overdoing it. So, I try to sit more. But, I am sure we were all busy at holiday season. How are you doing?

Anthony P on 1/12/02 at 22:25 (069837)

I have a knot at the top of my foot after surgery Nov 7th My doctor said it was a internal stitch that will desolve over time.

Re: Crystal

Anthony P on 1/12/02 at 23:03 (069839)

I had Surgery Nov 7th for three problems a open parcel facisa release spur removed ,achilles tendon repair, tendon repair top of ankle .
I had same day surgery in a cast non weigth bearing for 3 weeks
Then i had all the staples removed went into a walking boot for two weeks
with crutches All three of the insitions are on the inside of my foot. For the first month I only could walk on my toes.To this day my Achilles is very tight.Recovery takes a long time.Im not pain free yet.
Non weigth bearing streches with P .T. Helps alot .
Crystal, good luck to you I hope you find relief soon.
Anthony P