Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Celebrex

Posted by Mary on 1/13/02 at 12:31 (069864)

After waiting for a month for my pod. dr to call me with the results of my emg, I called him and was told that the results were negative for tts. He wanted to try the injections into my heel and I asked for an alternative since there seems to be so much controversy over whether these injections even help and he put me on Celebrex for 14 days. Its been 5 days now since starting the Celebrex and there is no relief. When I had my emg done it was very quick, I was only shocked just below the ankle and only stuck with a needle once in the arch area. I don't know what to do now, if to change pod. dr or what? I'm almost positive that I have tts, I have that darn burning pain and somethimes it goes up my leg a little ways. Sometimes it feels like pins and needles and the pain doesn't go away if I rest the foot. What should I do?

Re: Celebrex

Carol C on 1/13/02 at 12:55 (069867)

Just a suggestion.....My initial nerve conduction study was negative, and I do believe that at that time, my diagnosis would not have been TTS, but it was certianly in the formative stages. After three months and a very dramatic increase in pain and symptoms, I had a repeat nerve conduction study that was strongly positive and thus a diagnosis of TTS and surgery was done--finding an underlying cause for the TTS (Ganglion cyst in the tunnel attached to the nerve structure). BY ALL MEANS...if you are not
100% comfortable with your doctor, seek a second opionion or change to a different doctor----but also, give yourself some time for symptoms to develop. Fortunately for me, the Orthopedist that did my surgery was the same orthopedist that I have used for other problems and he knows me on a
individual level---he knew how to read me and knew my pain level---and he knew when I told him that I could take it no more, that I meant exactly that. He has been excellent for me and I trust him 100%/. I know that
my trust in him has helped in my care and recovery. Best wishes to you.

cindyp on 1/13/02 at 15:54 (069876)

My suggestion, get another dr. get an mri if possible. YOu have to have a picture of what's going on in there. I never had a nerve conduction test.

cindyp on 1/13/02 at 17:21 (069881)

Also some do not respond to celbrex. I took it for 6 months and the last two it stopped working. Might see if you can try vioxx.

monte on 1/13/02 at 21:01 (069922)

Just an FYI...I had a EMG that came out negative...it was from the calves down with 2 needles in the feet. But my new doctors said that this MUST be done STANDING...that is what I am doing next.

Re: standing? false. (nm)

elliott on 1/13/02 at 21:55 (069929)

Monte on 1/14/02 at 08:37 (069953)

elliott

what do you mean but your post? Is the standing EMG not accurate or not needed? Let me know before I go for it. Thanks

Carol C on 1/13/02 at 12:55 (069867)

Just a suggestion.....My initial nerve conduction study was negative, and I do believe that at that time, my diagnosis would not have been TTS, but it was certianly in the formative stages. After three months and a very dramatic increase in pain and symptoms, I had a repeat nerve conduction study that was strongly positive and thus a diagnosis of TTS and surgery was done--finding an underlying cause for the TTS (Ganglion cyst in the tunnel attached to the nerve structure). BY ALL MEANS...if you are not
100% comfortable with your doctor, seek a second opionion or change to a different doctor----but also, give yourself some time for symptoms to develop. Fortunately for me, the Orthopedist that did my surgery was the same orthopedist that I have used for other problems and he knows me on a
individual level---he knew how to read me and knew my pain level---and he knew when I told him that I could take it no more, that I meant exactly that. He has been excellent for me and I trust him 100%/. I know that
my trust in him has helped in my care and recovery. Best wishes to you.

cindyp on 1/13/02 at 15:54 (069876)

My suggestion, get another dr. get an mri if possible. YOu have to have a picture of what's going on in there. I never had a nerve conduction test.

cindyp on 1/13/02 at 17:21 (069881)

Also some do not respond to celbrex. I took it for 6 months and the last two it stopped working. Might see if you can try vioxx.

monte on 1/13/02 at 21:01 (069922)

Just an FYI...I had a EMG that came out negative...it was from the calves down with 2 needles in the feet. But my new doctors said that this MUST be done STANDING...that is what I am doing next.

elliott on 1/13/02 at 21:55 (069929)

Monte on 1/14/02 at 08:37 (069953)

elliott

what do you mean but your post? Is the standing EMG not accurate or not needed? Let me know before I go for it. Thanks