Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Note to all

Posted by wendyn on 1/13/02 at 15:17 (069871)

Will be away from the board quite a bit (even more than from just work). I know I have a few people asking me questions and I'll try to catch up later.

Some of you know my Grandparent's celebrated their 60th anniversary last summer. Shortly after, my grandfather passed away.

Yesterday my 86 year old grandmother fell and broker her hip - thankfully my uncle was there when it happened. She insisted she would be allright and had her lunch before she let him call the ambulance.

I was at the hopspital most of last evening and all morning today. She's waiting for surgery, and she'll be in the hospital a week or so.

She is the world's most optimistic person, and she doesn't complain about anything. Which makes her a lovely person - but not so great a patient because she won't tell the doctors and nurses how she really feels.

For those of you saying prayers - please include her. It's going to be a rough week.

Re: Note to all

Suzanne D on 1/13/02 at 16:11 (069877)

I'll certainly keep her in my prayers, Wendy. She sounds like quite a 'spunky' lady, and I wish her well!

Take care of yourself, too, and I hope that your feet 'behave' while you're on them a lot at the hospital.

Take care,
Suzanne

Re: I'll pray too

rebecca h on 1/13/02 at 18:17 (069891)

If you were here I would give you a big hug, take your hands in mine and pray this with you:

Father in Heaven, Please help Wendy and her family as they are facing this crisis in their lives. You know how much she cares about other people and tries to help them... now, Father please help her in her time of need... I ask you to bring healing to her grandmother... Give the doctors wisdom and skill as they care for her... Give the nurses compassion and help them be alert to what her grandmother needs. Bless Wendy and her family with strength and endurance, with rest and health...and give Wendy a sense of your presence and peace in this time of trouble... Jesus, be present in the hospital room with Wendy's grandmother and surround her with your healing and light. Amen.

Pam B on 1/13/02 at 19:30 (069905)

Bless you and your family in your time of need.....our prayers are with you all

Re: I'll pray too!

Janet C on 1/13/02 at 20:03 (069913)

Dear Wendy,

My 74 yr old father fell and broke his hip and his shoulder just last year. He had pins put in his hip, and a full shoulder bone/socket replacement; and although his recovery has been gradual, he continues to improve with PT, and he looks like he's doing much better than I! Drs. are now capable of replacing the hip with a wonderful prognosis, so I want to give you encouragement and hope that your grandmother should recover nicely. And I will gladly include her (and you) in my prayers.

Take care of yourself... and try to avoid pushing yourself too much, or getting too stressed. After all, you won't be as much help to her, if you're in a lot of pain.

Warmest wishes for a quick and complete recovery,
~Janet

Anthony P on 1/13/02 at 20:50 (069920)

Wendy, Sorry to hear about your grandmother, My prayers will go out to her
You take care of those feet too :)
Anthony P

Laurie R on 1/13/02 at 21:09 (069925)

Dear Wendy , I will also add your grandmother to my prayers . What a wonderful attitude she has ..... Bless you also .... Laurie R

Rick R on 1/14/02 at 08:37 (069952)

Wendy,

You and your family will be in our prayers.

Rick

CarlW on 1/14/02 at 14:43 (069966)

Wendy,

Grandmas are the best. Mine turns 80 in April and I rarely go 3 days without talking to her. A definite prayer for yours.

Carl

John h on 1/14/02 at 16:16 (069978)

Good luck Wendy. My 86 year old neighbor broke his hip last week and I know the struggles he is going through and what is ahead of him.

Necee on 1/15/02 at 07:41 (070013)

Best wishes to you Wendy and to your Grandmother. I'll sure remember ya'll in my prayers. You take care of yourself too, try not to worry and please know that we are all praying and thinking about you.
Necee

Tammie on 1/15/02 at 19:40 (070101)

I will try this again and hope I dont dbl. post here or elsewhere! I wanted to be sure I let you know that u are in my thoughts and prayers! I am sure your granny is a special lady as look she has a special granddaughter! Be sure to lavish her with love as I know that her road to recovery will be rough. I know that the love you share for her will help , and that her family will be sure she gets all that she needs! Remember, to take time to enjoy family as it is the greatest gift, and often the one we tend to put on backburner as life tends to pass us by with the maybe tomorrows. There is always another day for work or for the unimportant things that seem so very important to us at the moment. But it is later that we reflect and think I wish I had (done or said) that one more time (I meant to ) (I was going to tomorrow or next week ) but for some reason or another it just gets pushed back! I like that song alot the one harry chapin sings about the cats and the cradle and the silver spoon I think alot of that song now that i find I am getting older and my parents are. Anyways know that we are here and keeping you and granny in our prayers!

Beverly on 1/15/02 at 22:10 (070116)

Wendy,

I hope your grandmother gets better. That has got to be very frightening at her age. There is so much they can do with hips now. I've had several elderly female relatives break bones too. It makes me wonder if we will fair better at their age thanks to HRT and drugs for osteoperoisis.

I'd imagine it has been hard on you being at the hospital so much...

Take care,
Beverly

Suzanne D on 1/13/02 at 16:11 (069877)

I'll certainly keep her in my prayers, Wendy. She sounds like quite a 'spunky' lady, and I wish her well!

Take care of yourself, too, and I hope that your feet 'behave' while you're on them a lot at the hospital.

Take care,
Suzanne

rebecca h on 1/13/02 at 18:17 (069891)

If you were here I would give you a big hug, take your hands in mine and pray this with you:

Father in Heaven, Please help Wendy and her family as they are facing this crisis in their lives. You know how much she cares about other people and tries to help them... now, Father please help her in her time of need... I ask you to bring healing to her grandmother... Give the doctors wisdom and skill as they care for her... Give the nurses compassion and help them be alert to what her grandmother needs. Bless Wendy and her family with strength and endurance, with rest and health...and give Wendy a sense of your presence and peace in this time of trouble... Jesus, be present in the hospital room with Wendy's grandmother and surround her with your healing and light. Amen.

Pam B on 1/13/02 at 19:30 (069905)

Bless you and your family in your time of need.....our prayers are with you all

Janet C on 1/13/02 at 20:03 (069913)

Dear Wendy,

My 74 yr old father fell and broke his hip and his shoulder just last year. He had pins put in his hip, and a full shoulder bone/socket replacement; and although his recovery has been gradual, he continues to improve with PT, and he looks like he's doing much better than I! Drs. are now capable of replacing the hip with a wonderful prognosis, so I want to give you encouragement and hope that your grandmother should recover nicely. And I will gladly include her (and you) in my prayers.

Take care of yourself... and try to avoid pushing yourself too much, or getting too stressed. After all, you won't be as much help to her, if you're in a lot of pain.

Warmest wishes for a quick and complete recovery,
~Janet

Anthony P on 1/13/02 at 20:50 (069920)

Wendy, Sorry to hear about your grandmother, My prayers will go out to her
You take care of those feet too :)
Anthony P

Laurie R on 1/13/02 at 21:09 (069925)

Dear Wendy , I will also add your grandmother to my prayers . What a wonderful attitude she has ..... Bless you also .... Laurie R

Rick R on 1/14/02 at 08:37 (069952)

Wendy,

You and your family will be in our prayers.

Rick

CarlW on 1/14/02 at 14:43 (069966)

Wendy,

Grandmas are the best. Mine turns 80 in April and I rarely go 3 days without talking to her. A definite prayer for yours.

Carl

John h on 1/14/02 at 16:16 (069978)

Good luck Wendy. My 86 year old neighbor broke his hip last week and I know the struggles he is going through and what is ahead of him.

Necee on 1/15/02 at 07:41 (070013)

Best wishes to you Wendy and to your Grandmother. I'll sure remember ya'll in my prayers. You take care of yourself too, try not to worry and please know that we are all praying and thinking about you.
Necee

Tammie on 1/15/02 at 19:40 (070101)

I will try this again and hope I dont dbl. post here or elsewhere! I wanted to be sure I let you know that u are in my thoughts and prayers! I am sure your granny is a special lady as look she has a special granddaughter! Be sure to lavish her with love as I know that her road to recovery will be rough. I know that the love you share for her will help , and that her family will be sure she gets all that she needs! Remember, to take time to enjoy family as it is the greatest gift, and often the one we tend to put on backburner as life tends to pass us by with the maybe tomorrows. There is always another day for work or for the unimportant things that seem so very important to us at the moment. But it is later that we reflect and think I wish I had (done or said) that one more time (I meant to ) (I was going to tomorrow or next week ) but for some reason or another it just gets pushed back! I like that song alot the one harry chapin sings about the cats and the cradle and the silver spoon I think alot of that song now that i find I am getting older and my parents are. Anyways know that we are here and keeping you and granny in our prayers!

Beverly on 1/15/02 at 22:10 (070116)

Wendy,

I hope your grandmother gets better. That has got to be very frightening at her age. There is so much they can do with hips now. I've had several elderly female relatives break bones too. It makes me wonder if we will fair better at their age thanks to HRT and drugs for osteoperoisis.

I'd imagine it has been hard on you being at the hospital so much...

Take care,
Beverly