Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

health insurance

Posted by Sage R. on 1/13/02 at 17:44 (069882)

My insurance has a clause where it doesn't pay for anything foot related-- podiatrist visits, orthotics...it did help pay for vioxx but i think that is only because they didn't follow up & see that it was foot related. is this common? this is my only medical condition so it seems unfair that they won't help pay for anything.

Re: health insurance

Dr. Zuckeman on 1/13/02 at 19:50 (069910)

Very rare and only is usually related to the cutting of corns and calluses
What is the name of your insurance company

Ed Davis, DPM on 1/19/02 at 16:09 (070550)

You may want to inform them that the foot is part of the human body.
Ed

sage r. on 1/23/02 at 12:33 (070993)

actually-- just got paperwork from them & they DID pay for most of a podiatrist visit even though it looked like they wouldn't-- maybe they did mean foot-skin related stuff.. who knows. it's blue cross blue sheild carefirst

Richard, C.Ped on 1/25/02 at 11:43 (071255)

In my experience of billing insurance companies, there are sooooo many plans that an insurance company can offer. Most people do not have a choice as to what plan they receive. There have been at lest five cases that I have come across that foot orthotics are not a covered benefit. It really is a pain.

Richard

Dr. Zuckeman on 1/13/02 at 19:50 (069910)

Very rare and only is usually related to the cutting of corns and calluses
What is the name of your insurance company

Ed Davis, DPM on 1/19/02 at 16:09 (070550)

You may want to inform them that the foot is part of the human body.
Ed

sage r. on 1/23/02 at 12:33 (070993)

actually-- just got paperwork from them & they DID pay for most of a podiatrist visit even though it looked like they wouldn't-- maybe they did mean foot-skin related stuff.. who knows. it's blue cross blue sheild carefirst

Richard, C.Ped on 1/25/02 at 11:43 (071255)

In my experience of billing insurance companies, there are sooooo many plans that an insurance company can offer. Most people do not have a choice as to what plan they receive. There have been at lest five cases that I have come across that foot orthotics are not a covered benefit. It really is a pain.

Richard