Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

p,s,

Posted by paula on 1/15/02 at 20:48 (070107)

but i do defend your right say it. and i defend my right to not like it and say so. free expression goes both ways, all ways. but do let us try to keep it impersonal and civil if possible.

Re: p,s,

Suzanne D on 1/15/02 at 21:13 (070113)

Dear Paula,
I appreciate your concern for open discussion on this board and for not offending anyone or making them not feel welcome here.

I do hope I did not offend you or anyone else by my response to BG CPed below. I usually stay out of such discussions as I DON'T know the whole story and can't make a firm judgment. However, I felt it was the right time for me to express my appreciation for the professionals who give of their time to help us with their knowledge and experience.

And, yes, I generally am skeptical (at least at first) of someone who has never written before who has a product which they claim healed them completely. That's just my thinking and may be wrong, but I usually just keep reading and see what develops. What I quote my daddy as saying is just another of my 'old country expressions' which usually do contain some measure of truth, but I did not mean it to be offensive.

I firmly believe in treating one another with respect. This technology is wonderful, and I hate to think how badly my feet would be hurting if my PF had developed before the internet and before this website!

I wish you the best, Paula. :-)

paula on 1/15/02 at 22:23 (070121)

thank you for your message. i appreciate it. i also appreciate the professionals who help us here. one of those professionals was almost driven away a while back by what i thought of as excessive aggressiveness towards him by one of us. i came to his strong defense and i hope i was a part of keeping him and his wisdom here. and i hope i will always do that when someone gets less than what i think is his or her due respect unless there is proof of any wrongdoing. i believe innocent until proven guilty is a tried and true philosophy for freedom of expression.
furthermore i do not think unbridled enthusiasm over a product is necessarily a bad thing. i also think it is uncommon that one thing will alleviate pf suddenly...but it is possible and if it happened to me i'd be so excited they'd have to net me and haul me away. so i can see that some folks can get on this board and enthuse about a product without their necessarilly being a spammer.

Suzanne D on 1/15/02 at 21:13 (070113)

Dear Paula,
I appreciate your concern for open discussion on this board and for not offending anyone or making them not feel welcome here.

I do hope I did not offend you or anyone else by my response to BG CPed below. I usually stay out of such discussions as I DON'T know the whole story and can't make a firm judgment. However, I felt it was the right time for me to express my appreciation for the professionals who give of their time to help us with their knowledge and experience.

And, yes, I generally am skeptical (at least at first) of someone who has never written before who has a product which they claim healed them completely. That's just my thinking and may be wrong, but I usually just keep reading and see what develops. What I quote my daddy as saying is just another of my 'old country expressions' which usually do contain some measure of truth, but I did not mean it to be offensive.

I firmly believe in treating one another with respect. This technology is wonderful, and I hate to think how badly my feet would be hurting if my PF had developed before the internet and before this website!

I wish you the best, Paula. :-)

paula on 1/15/02 at 22:23 (070121)

thank you for your message. i appreciate it. i also appreciate the professionals who help us here. one of those professionals was almost driven away a while back by what i thought of as excessive aggressiveness towards him by one of us. i came to his strong defense and i hope i was a part of keeping him and his wisdom here. and i hope i will always do that when someone gets less than what i think is his or her due respect unless there is proof of any wrongdoing. i believe innocent until proven guilty is a tried and true philosophy for freedom of expression.
furthermore i do not think unbridled enthusiasm over a product is necessarily a bad thing. i also think it is uncommon that one thing will alleviate pf suddenly...but it is possible and if it happened to me i'd be so excited they'd have to net me and haul me away. so i can see that some folks can get on this board and enthuse about a product without their necessarilly being a spammer.