Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ideas for TTS web site wanted

Posted by Stevew on 1/16/02 at 02:35 (070143)

Hi Folks,

I want to do a major update for my web page on Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome. It has not been really updated in a couple of years.

I'm looking for any new research or stories that may be helpful to folks. Perhaps Wendlyn or Elliot or others on this board could take a look at the site and make suggestions.

For example ... are there new treatments that should be mentioned? I'd also like to do a page of messages and stories from people who are not happy with their TTS surgery results (I had surguries almost four years ago. I still have pain, but not nearly as much as before the operation)

Feel free to send me posts you have made or found on this board. I can edit them and put them in an HTML page.

many thanks ... here's the link below ... SteveW

http://www.efn.org/~opal/tarsal1.html

you can also email me directly (email removed)

Re: ideas for TTS web site wanted

Renee H on 1/16/02 at 08:15 (070162)

Steve,

I agree, maybe tell about other treatments. Suggestions to possible other conditions if they don't know for sure what they have. Many things should be tried before surgery. It's hard to find this information. Glad you're trying to help.

Renee

cindyp on 1/16/02 at 09:42 (070173)

A page for those not happy? why not also a page for those of us who are successes?

alan k on 1/17/02 at 07:45 (070245)

Hi Steve,

I really like your website and I am glad you are going to work on it some more. It was helpful to me at one point.

I will give you some more suggestions but there is one that pops up instantly: it is a bit dark. I was considerably disheartened when encountering it the first time. A bit more emphasis on the possibility for cure would be great. This will naturally happen if people post their success stories and the site evolves from your personal story to that of many. Heelspurs was also a personal site at one point.

I am sure this is your intention in looking for input.

alan k

Re: SteveW

wendyn on 1/18/02 at 07:53 (070363)

Steve - I tried to email you last night but my note got sent back. Is that the right email address?

Re: SteveW - email address - website updates

Stevew on 1/18/02 at 18:00 (070440)

Hi Wendlyn and All,

If you have ideas for my TTS web site here are two of my email addresses that should work if you want to send me stuff off of the list. I really want to update it with some of the experiences and research that you folks have.

many thanks, Steve (email addresses below)

(email removed)

stevew@oregon.uoregon.edu

Ron B on 1/19/02 at 11:26 (070508)

Steve,
I would also like to thank you very much for the site. It has provided me with a lot of information that I could find no where else and led me to this support site. My suggestions:

1) Provide additional links to other sites on TTS. Is a search option too much to ask? All additional information in our category is helpful.
2) A direct link to the support site (may help less experienced navigators).
3) Information on using the search function on the support site. In looking over the last year it appears that many of the same questions are being asked.
4) List the other possible conditions other than TTS in the 'Take the TTS test now'.
5) I agree with Alan on the site being a bit dark. I was looking for positives and perhaps a few pointers and tips from those who have recovered, at least to their own satisfaction.
6) A Treatment / Therapy section. List all of the tests, treatments and therapy that should be considered before selecting surgery. Listing detailed info on the tests and therapy would also be very helpful.

Thanks again. I look forward to seeing your improvements.
Ron

Renee H on 1/16/02 at 08:15 (070162)

Steve,

I agree, maybe tell about other treatments. Suggestions to possible other conditions if they don't know for sure what they have. Many things should be tried before surgery. It's hard to find this information. Glad you're trying to help.

Renee

cindyp on 1/16/02 at 09:42 (070173)

A page for those not happy? why not also a page for those of us who are successes?

alan k on 1/17/02 at 07:45 (070245)

Hi Steve,

I really like your website and I am glad you are going to work on it some more. It was helpful to me at one point.

I will give you some more suggestions but there is one that pops up instantly: it is a bit dark. I was considerably disheartened when encountering it the first time. A bit more emphasis on the possibility for cure would be great. This will naturally happen if people post their success stories and the site evolves from your personal story to that of many. Heelspurs was also a personal site at one point.

I am sure this is your intention in looking for input.

alan k

Re: SteveW

wendyn on 1/18/02 at 07:53 (070363)

Steve - I tried to email you last night but my note got sent back. Is that the right email address?

Re: SteveW - email address - website updates

Stevew on 1/18/02 at 18:00 (070440)

Hi Wendlyn and All,

If you have ideas for my TTS web site here are two of my email addresses that should work if you want to send me stuff off of the list. I really want to update it with some of the experiences and research that you folks have.

many thanks, Steve (email addresses below)

(email removed)

stevew@oregon.uoregon.edu

Ron B on 1/19/02 at 11:26 (070508)

Steve,
I would also like to thank you very much for the site. It has provided me with a lot of information that I could find no where else and led me to this support site. My suggestions:

1) Provide additional links to other sites on TTS. Is a search option too much to ask? All additional information in our category is helpful.
2) A direct link to the support site (may help less experienced navigators).
3) Information on using the search function on the support site. In looking over the last year it appears that many of the same questions are being asked.
4) List the other possible conditions other than TTS in the 'Take the TTS test now'.
5) I agree with Alan on the site being a bit dark. I was looking for positives and perhaps a few pointers and tips from those who have recovered, at least to their own satisfaction.
6) A Treatment / Therapy section. List all of the tests, treatments and therapy that should be considered before selecting surgery. Listing detailed info on the tests and therapy would also be very helpful.

Thanks again. I look forward to seeing your improvements.
Ron