Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Crazy ? for the docs or anyone else with the same experience.

Posted by Carmen on 1/16/02 at 10:55 (070186)

For the past about two weeks my feet (arch area) have been itching badly. Like an Inner itch. Could this be from healing? They have done this after each NST treatment (Dr. Ed may be familar with the concept a bit).
My feet feel better after each treatment so I wonder if this is it?
Also I have no pain all day.....I would describe it as mainly a slight VERY slight discomfort....but when I walk down the street with the dog (not much faster than a normal pace) they start to tingle and prickle. this goes away after an hour or so....But with another pair of shoes (2' heel...only wear for appt.s with clients) this doesn't happen. It's so weird! Any ideas? I would love to walk for exercise again very soon but I can't get over this hump. I have ben waiting for orthotics for 6 weeks!!!

Re: Crazy ? for the docs or anyone else with the same experience.

cindyp on 1/16/02 at 12:17 (070199)

Mine have itched off and on for awhile. After the surgery especially so maybe it is healing?

Carmen on 1/16/02 at 16:49 (070217)

Thing is...I didn't have surgery...that's what makes this weird.
;-)

Suzanne D on 1/16/02 at 17:38 (070219)

You all probably get tired of my writing 'My mama said' or 'My daddy said', but here goes...My mama always said that itching was a sign of HEALING. I DO hope that is the case with you! Of course she wasn't a doctor, but she always told us that, and it seemed to have some merit. I'd be interested in knowing WHY that would be true - if itching does happen when healing takes place.

Whatever the case, I am glad that you are doing so much better, Carmen! I hope that by the time Spring arrives, you will be able to walk the dog and do all kinds of things with no pain! Wouldn't that be wonderful for you?!

:-) Suzanne

Carmen on 1/17/02 at 07:35 (070244)

YESYESYES!
thank you!
and my Mama said the same thing.
;-)

Ed Davis, DPM on 1/17/02 at 18:32 (070321)

The itching sensation could be due to increased blood flow to the skin. Sometimes noted after massage although I am not sure NST would be considered a massage technique.
Ed

Anders Johansson on 1/18/02 at 04:14 (070355)

My name is Anders Johansson and I'd like start by telling you something
about myself and my handicap.

I was involved in an accident at the age of eleven causing a
unilateral paralysis which among other thing put my left foot out of function
due to a plantarflexion.

After the accident, I tried many kinds of ankle support and foot braces.
Many of them caused discomfort.

This caused me to think about the problem for many years, until I finally
developed a new orthopaedic aid called the Dictus Band which I myself have
used daily since 1996. It has been comfortable, dependable and performed well.

I have demonstrated the Dictus Band for Dr. Glenn Hellström a chiropractor, who
In turn demonstrated it for Lennart Hovelius, a leading orthopaedic physican on
Gävle hospital.

Dr. Hovelius found that the Dictus Band was superior to other orthopaedic devices
of its kind and could replace them. Upon this finding Ghotex fysioterapi AB launched
production of the Dictus Band.

Victims of Stroke, Polio Whiplash. Rheumatism, Muscular dystrophy etc. can benefit from
this device.It reduces the load on the leg, makes it easier to walk more naturally and greater
security.

The Dictus Band has been demonstrated on the Swedish national television program
'Livslust' SVT 2 1999 And in http://www.medcatalog.com/footcare.htm#Ghotex

We wonder if you are interest in our product.

For further information please contact our distributor.

Erimed International KB
Box 5028
141 05 Huddinge
Sweden
Tel: +46 8-449 56 50,
Fax: +46 8-646 47 67
e-mail: (email removed)

contact person
Matts Larsson
Alf Jonsson

Carmen on 1/18/02 at 07:30 (070358)

It feels like massage when he does it on my feet only it's not as hard...he rolls up and down the foot with his thumb and pulls my toes and stuff too so that makes sense about the blood flow. Also the numbness has gone away (like when your foot goes to sleep??) and I am sure this has to do with circulation as well.
Thank you for anwsering!

Ed Davis, DPM on 1/19/02 at 15:21 (070538)

Anders:
I think I understand how it works but do you have a better picture of the device? Why did you choose this device over some of the existing products such as plastic dropfoot AFO's?
Ed

BG CPed on 1/20/02 at 19:38 (070707)

I was wondering the same as Dr Ed. It seems like more work that just using a light, low profile afo. The 'drawbridge' type of brace is used for a few brands of night splints also.
I would think that for many cva pt that may have a loss of funtion in one hand may have a hard time donning it.

cindyp on 1/16/02 at 12:17 (070199)

Mine have itched off and on for awhile. After the surgery especially so maybe it is healing?

Carmen on 1/16/02 at 16:49 (070217)

Thing is...I didn't have surgery...that's what makes this weird.
;-)

Suzanne D on 1/16/02 at 17:38 (070219)

You all probably get tired of my writing 'My mama said' or 'My daddy said', but here goes...My mama always said that itching was a sign of HEALING. I DO hope that is the case with you! Of course she wasn't a doctor, but she always told us that, and it seemed to have some merit. I'd be interested in knowing WHY that would be true - if itching does happen when healing takes place.

Whatever the case, I am glad that you are doing so much better, Carmen! I hope that by the time Spring arrives, you will be able to walk the dog and do all kinds of things with no pain! Wouldn't that be wonderful for you?!

:-) Suzanne

Carmen on 1/17/02 at 07:35 (070244)

YESYESYES!
thank you!
and my Mama said the same thing.
;-)

Ed Davis, DPM on 1/17/02 at 18:32 (070321)

The itching sensation could be due to increased blood flow to the skin. Sometimes noted after massage although I am not sure NST would be considered a massage technique.
Ed

Anders Johansson on 1/18/02 at 04:14 (070355)

My name is Anders Johansson and I'd like start by telling you something
about myself and my handicap.

I was involved in an accident at the age of eleven causing a
unilateral paralysis which among other thing put my left foot out of function
due to a plantarflexion.

After the accident, I tried many kinds of ankle support and foot braces.
Many of them caused discomfort.

This caused me to think about the problem for many years, until I finally
developed a new orthopaedic aid called the Dictus Band which I myself have
used daily since 1996. It has been comfortable, dependable and performed well.

I have demonstrated the Dictus Band for Dr. Glenn Hellström a chiropractor, who
In turn demonstrated it for Lennart Hovelius, a leading orthopaedic physican on
Gävle hospital.

Dr. Hovelius found that the Dictus Band was superior to other orthopaedic devices
of its kind and could replace them. Upon this finding Ghotex fysioterapi AB launched
production of the Dictus Band.

Victims of Stroke, Polio Whiplash. Rheumatism, Muscular dystrophy etc. can benefit from
this device.It reduces the load on the leg, makes it easier to walk more naturally and greater
security.

The Dictus Band has been demonstrated on the Swedish national television program
'Livslust' SVT 2 1999 And in http://www.medcatalog.com/footcare.htm#Ghotex

We wonder if you are interest in our product.

For further information please contact our distributor.

Erimed International KB
Box 5028
141 05 Huddinge
Sweden
Tel: +46 8-449 56 50,
Fax: +46 8-646 47 67
e-mail: (email removed)

contact person
Matts Larsson
Alf Jonsson

Carmen on 1/18/02 at 07:30 (070358)

It feels like massage when he does it on my feet only it's not as hard...he rolls up and down the foot with his thumb and pulls my toes and stuff too so that makes sense about the blood flow. Also the numbness has gone away (like when your foot goes to sleep??) and I am sure this has to do with circulation as well.
Thank you for anwsering!

Ed Davis, DPM on 1/19/02 at 15:21 (070538)

Anders:
I think I understand how it works but do you have a better picture of the device? Why did you choose this device over some of the existing products such as plastic dropfoot AFO's?
Ed

BG CPed on 1/20/02 at 19:38 (070707)

I was wondering the same as Dr Ed. It seems like more work that just using a light, low profile afo. The 'drawbridge' type of brace is used for a few brands of night splints also.
I would think that for many cva pt that may have a loss of funtion in one hand may have a hard time donning it.