Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To: Nancy S.

Posted by Necee on 1/16/02 at 14:02 (070203)

Hey Nancy......hows the snow up your way? I heard on the news that your part of the country had a lot of it! It's 68* here and I'm not quite ready for Springtime yet!! Because after Spring comes the long HOT summer. Oh by the way, did you ever buy some good snow boots?
Happy Trails......
Necee

Re: To: Nancy S.

nancy s. on 1/16/02 at 16:27 (070216)

hi necee, actually many parts of maine are snowed under but right along the south coast we are not. we've had amazingly little snow! it has snowed only two or three times, with not much accumulation. i could do without the cold, though, which has made what little snow is on the ground very icy and crunchy. my walks on the beach are still fine, but the 150-yard walk to get there may break my neck one of these days. i'm terrified of falling on one of my frozen shoulders! i mean it, i'd be screaming in agony for days.

your 68 degrees sounds like paradise to me -- just right. you can wear a sweater or not; i like having the choice. now is it just going to keep getting warmer where you are? exactly a year ago my husband and i were driving to mexico, went through texas, and the weather was perfect.

no, i never did find great snowboots. i didn't look that hard, because i just ordered more birks from germany and am about to try the brooks addiction. so far i wear my new balance in the snow and my feet aren't always completely dry, but what the heck. this is my third year of no dry feet in winter, so i don't think much about it anymore, i guess.

what beautiful shabby stuff is going through your auction these days??
nancy

Necee on 1/16/02 at 22:31 (070231)

You can check out our website Nancy and see what kind of antiques we are selling, also get an idea of the prices as well.
We have several pieces of the shabby chic pine.
Happy Trials....
Necee

nancy s. on 1/17/02 at 08:22 (070249)

necee, i'd LOVE to look at your website -- but where is it my dear? i could start guessing, but the web is such a big place. :)
nancy

Re: To Nancy S.

Necee on 1/17/02 at 15:19 (070291)

Nancy I'm such a dummy!!!! http://www.auctionblocktx.com
Happy Trails.....
Necee

JudyS on 1/17/02 at 16:38 (070297)

Uh Oh I'm in trouble now.........yet ANOTHER antique source!
The site is very nice, NeCee.

Re: To Nancy S. -- to necee

nancy s. on 1/17/02 at 17:04 (070307)

t h a n k y o u n e c e e ! it's now on my favorites list. what a great site; now i'm going to have to look every week.
i fell in love with the double-handled redwing vase, lot 180. will you tell me how much it goes for?
this could get dangerous. but fun....
nancy

nancy s. on 1/17/02 at 17:31 (070308)

necee, i just looked at the site some more. more great photos than i realized! i see many things that appeal to me! i wish i could come on thursday nights . . . but it's one long trip, eh?

i think i asked you once what exactly you do for the auction block, and i don't remember that you answered, or if you did, what you answered. so what do you do there, necee?

i can see my evening ahead of me now: studying every item from past auctions and what they went for. this will tell me if i can become an online bidder. shipping costs might keep me from being able to make a profit, though. i wonder. do you have any idea what shipping costs usually are for smalls?
thanks again,
nancy

JudyS on 1/17/02 at 20:08 (070335)

NancyS, Necee, - JudyS is on the lookout for one or two marble-topped commodes......
Nan, there is more talk today in the Schmidt home about a driving trip east this summer......stay tuned!

nancy s. on 1/17/02 at 20:56 (070340)

ooooooooo judyyyyyyyyyyy, you're getting my hopes up! are you off planes for good? you're thinking of driving? i will tell you, our short little jaunt from maine to mexico was downright fun, and i mean it. it had its tedious moments (the sight of the 1,058th McDonald's from the highway was one), but overall it was great.
the sign for my shop will be done by next week, wait till you see it. hope to open in two weeks (???). i work out there every day, but the boxes are multiplying in the night, or some meanie is giving me free stuff while i'm not looking.

from another thread: do you not recall the song 'ain't that a shame'? but i'm with you on what you said about age.
n.

Re: To Nancy S.*****Antiques*****

Necee on 1/18/02 at 07:48 (070361)

So your hooked are ya! You should work there!! You wanted to know what I did at the auction....I'm the warehouse manager, I also take all the pictures for the website and set up the sale, (I get to decorate every week!) Then on auction night I manage the floor crew. We have closed circuit tv and sell in numerical order so everything has to be brought to the front and kept in order. When the auction begins its very fast paced and theres no time for mistakes so needless to say its always a busy night!
You can log on to the website the next day after the auction and see what everything sold for. Also pictures and catalog for the upcoming auction (Jan 24) will be posted Wednesday by about 3pm central time.
Shipping costs vary depending on the weight and size of course. We don't normally ship too much stuff but we have had people from all over the country buy things. This one guy bought a floor lamp in New York and we had a hard time finding a box to pack it in. Most of the time the items sell so cheap that people don't worry about the cost of shipping. A lot of our buyers are dealers.
Hope that answers some of your questions, oh! we had some really nice enamelware, just one of my many favorites! The blue swirl enamel kettle was one of my favorites.
Happy Trails.......
Necee

nancy s. on 1/18/02 at 16:29 (070432)

wow, necee, you have a BIG job -- i've been to plenty of auctions and i know very well how on the ball you have to be to manage the runner crew and all. you do an excellent job on the website photos! i'm extremely impressed.

i especially liked some chickenwire porcelain (or is that enamel?) pieces i saw on the site last night. now tonight i'll have to go back and see what everything went for. i hope my husband doesn't want to use the phone or computer for, oh, say, eight hours tonight.

you give me hope -- things go cheap enough that the shipping costs might not matter in some cases? i actually emailed from your site, inquiring about shipping. the person answered that sometimes shipping costs as much as the item itself. but if some things go low enough -- that might still be okay. i will have to give it a try.

now necee, when are you going to have scott put your pic in the photo gallery? i want to picture you at the auction.

happy birthday to ya!
nancy

nancy s. on 1/16/02 at 16:27 (070216)

hi necee, actually many parts of maine are snowed under but right along the south coast we are not. we've had amazingly little snow! it has snowed only two or three times, with not much accumulation. i could do without the cold, though, which has made what little snow is on the ground very icy and crunchy. my walks on the beach are still fine, but the 150-yard walk to get there may break my neck one of these days. i'm terrified of falling on one of my frozen shoulders! i mean it, i'd be screaming in agony for days.

your 68 degrees sounds like paradise to me -- just right. you can wear a sweater or not; i like having the choice. now is it just going to keep getting warmer where you are? exactly a year ago my husband and i were driving to mexico, went through texas, and the weather was perfect.

no, i never did find great snowboots. i didn't look that hard, because i just ordered more birks from germany and am about to try the brooks addiction. so far i wear my new balance in the snow and my feet aren't always completely dry, but what the heck. this is my third year of no dry feet in winter, so i don't think much about it anymore, i guess.

what beautiful shabby stuff is going through your auction these days??
nancy

Necee on 1/16/02 at 22:31 (070231)

You can check out our website Nancy and see what kind of antiques we are selling, also get an idea of the prices as well.
We have several pieces of the shabby chic pine.
Happy Trials....
Necee

nancy s. on 1/17/02 at 08:22 (070249)

necee, i'd LOVE to look at your website -- but where is it my dear? i could start guessing, but the web is such a big place. :)
nancy

Necee on 1/17/02 at 15:19 (070291)

Nancy I'm such a dummy!!!! http://www.auctionblocktx.com
Happy Trails.....
Necee

JudyS on 1/17/02 at 16:38 (070297)

Uh Oh I'm in trouble now.........yet ANOTHER antique source!
The site is very nice, NeCee.

nancy s. on 1/17/02 at 17:04 (070307)

t h a n k y o u n e c e e ! it's now on my favorites list. what a great site; now i'm going to have to look every week.
i fell in love with the double-handled redwing vase, lot 180. will you tell me how much it goes for?
this could get dangerous. but fun....
nancy

nancy s. on 1/17/02 at 17:31 (070308)

necee, i just looked at the site some more. more great photos than i realized! i see many things that appeal to me! i wish i could come on thursday nights . . . but it's one long trip, eh?

i think i asked you once what exactly you do for the auction block, and i don't remember that you answered, or if you did, what you answered. so what do you do there, necee?

i can see my evening ahead of me now: studying every item from past auctions and what they went for. this will tell me if i can become an online bidder. shipping costs might keep me from being able to make a profit, though. i wonder. do you have any idea what shipping costs usually are for smalls?
thanks again,
nancy

JudyS on 1/17/02 at 20:08 (070335)

NancyS, Necee, - JudyS is on the lookout for one or two marble-topped commodes......
Nan, there is more talk today in the Schmidt home about a driving trip east this summer......stay tuned!

nancy s. on 1/17/02 at 20:56 (070340)

ooooooooo judyyyyyyyyyyy, you're getting my hopes up! are you off planes for good? you're thinking of driving? i will tell you, our short little jaunt from maine to mexico was downright fun, and i mean it. it had its tedious moments (the sight of the 1,058th McDonald's from the highway was one), but overall it was great.
the sign for my shop will be done by next week, wait till you see it. hope to open in two weeks (???). i work out there every day, but the boxes are multiplying in the night, or some meanie is giving me free stuff while i'm not looking.

from another thread: do you not recall the song 'ain't that a shame'? but i'm with you on what you said about age.
n.

Necee on 1/18/02 at 07:48 (070361)

So your hooked are ya! You should work there!! You wanted to know what I did at the auction....I'm the warehouse manager, I also take all the pictures for the website and set up the sale, (I get to decorate every week!) Then on auction night I manage the floor crew. We have closed circuit tv and sell in numerical order so everything has to be brought to the front and kept in order. When the auction begins its very fast paced and theres no time for mistakes so needless to say its always a busy night!
You can log on to the website the next day after the auction and see what everything sold for. Also pictures and catalog for the upcoming auction (Jan 24) will be posted Wednesday by about 3pm central time.
Shipping costs vary depending on the weight and size of course. We don't normally ship too much stuff but we have had people from all over the country buy things. This one guy bought a floor lamp in New York and we had a hard time finding a box to pack it in. Most of the time the items sell so cheap that people don't worry about the cost of shipping. A lot of our buyers are dealers.
Hope that answers some of your questions, oh! we had some really nice enamelware, just one of my many favorites! The blue swirl enamel kettle was one of my favorites.
Happy Trails.......
Necee

nancy s. on 1/18/02 at 16:29 (070432)

wow, necee, you have a BIG job -- i've been to plenty of auctions and i know very well how on the ball you have to be to manage the runner crew and all. you do an excellent job on the website photos! i'm extremely impressed.

i especially liked some chickenwire porcelain (or is that enamel?) pieces i saw on the site last night. now tonight i'll have to go back and see what everything went for. i hope my husband doesn't want to use the phone or computer for, oh, say, eight hours tonight.

you give me hope -- things go cheap enough that the shipping costs might not matter in some cases? i actually emailed from your site, inquiring about shipping. the person answered that sometimes shipping costs as much as the item itself. but if some things go low enough -- that might still be okay. i will have to give it a try.

now necee, when are you going to have scott put your pic in the photo gallery? i want to picture you at the auction.

happy birthday to ya!
nancy