Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Feet Vibrating

Posted by D.Thomas on 1/17/02 at 12:39 (070277)

I have a question for everyone. Does anyone else get vibrating feeling in their feet? Especially when I elevate them, I just get this pretty heavy feeling of vibrating sensations on the bottom of my feet. It's pretty constant all day long until I fall alseep.

I've been wearing some new orthotics and them seem to work on lowering the throbbing pain in my arches but I replace the throbbing pain with this vibrating feeling. I hope it is just related to getting use to these new orthotics.

Re: Feet Vibrating

Nicole K. on 1/17/02 at 13:10 (070279)

I get sort of a tingling feeling every once in a while, but no vibration. Is it a tingling feeling? Anyhow, it doesn't seem to happen at any specific time and is not related to the position of my feet...

alan k on 1/18/02 at 09:06 (070369)

I don't want to be a cause of undue alarm, but something to keep in mind is that a few (just a few) people have developed tts and nerve related problems from custom orthotics (including me and wendyn, I believe).

An open minded and self-confident pod might discuss this with you, though most will deny that anything they give you could possibly hurt you.

In any case, you should gradually break in your feet to your orthotics, and definitely you should probably try to rest more if you are getting strange sensations. Above all, avoid standing in one place.

I am just saying this for informational purposes, and there may be nothing wrong at all. I hope this doesn't cause unnecessary worrying.

alan k

wendyn on 1/18/02 at 22:20 (070469)

alan is right - I do blame my orthotics for at least some of what happened to my feet. They were hard plastic ice scrapers (as others have so aptly described them).

alan k on 1/19/02 at 07:47 (070475)

For the record, mine were also the hard plastic ice-scraper type. I don't believe my tts problem originated with the orthotics but was given a big boost by them.

Remember: nerve problems sometimes get their worst aggravation from continual standing.

Luckily tts is only a memory and I am in the enviable position of not even remembering the exact sequence of events anymore.

Nicole K. on 1/17/02 at 13:10 (070279)

I get sort of a tingling feeling every once in a while, but no vibration. Is it a tingling feeling? Anyhow, it doesn't seem to happen at any specific time and is not related to the position of my feet...

alan k on 1/18/02 at 09:06 (070369)

I don't want to be a cause of undue alarm, but something to keep in mind is that a few (just a few) people have developed tts and nerve related problems from custom orthotics (including me and wendyn, I believe).

An open minded and self-confident pod might discuss this with you, though most will deny that anything they give you could possibly hurt you.

In any case, you should gradually break in your feet to your orthotics, and definitely you should probably try to rest more if you are getting strange sensations. Above all, avoid standing in one place.

I am just saying this for informational purposes, and there may be nothing wrong at all. I hope this doesn't cause unnecessary worrying.

alan k

wendyn on 1/18/02 at 22:20 (070469)

alan is right - I do blame my orthotics for at least some of what happened to my feet. They were hard plastic ice scrapers (as others have so aptly described them).

alan k on 1/19/02 at 07:47 (070475)

For the record, mine were also the hard plastic ice-scraper type. I don't believe my tts problem originated with the orthotics but was given a big boost by them.

Remember: nerve problems sometimes get their worst aggravation from continual standing.

Luckily tts is only a memory and I am in the enviable position of not even remembering the exact sequence of events anymore.