Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Me not reading messages

Posted by Scott R on 1/17/02 at 18:35 (070323)

As some have probably noticed and not liked, the social is not part of the main index during some views. I did this because I'm barely able to scan all the other posts. Anyhoo, I'm not reading the social board these days. The only way to gaurantee I see a message is to email me.

Re: Me not reading messages

JudyS on 1/17/02 at 20:06 (070334)

But Scott, the Social Board is Where It's At! :)
Please, come visit more often!

john h on 1/18/02 at 12:26 (070395)

How is your social life anyway Scott. You and Barb still getting it on?

Re: scott's social life

Scott R on 1/18/02 at 17:06 (070436)

I'm strangely anti-girl these days. Not anti, really, just nuetral, which makes me 'anti-girl' compared to most guys because guys are usually very 'pro-girl'. Mentally I feel like an old man. Not in a depressed way, but in a 'been there done that' sort of way. Neither here nor there, just being.

Carole C on 1/18/02 at 18:56 (070448)

Wow, and I thought MY divorce left me self protective and wary. :) Just kidding, Scott. Sometimes a social life just isn't as important as some other things, like (for me) introspection and centering and such. Anyway, when and if the time is right, I think it's likely that the right person or persons for you will come along, you'll change your mind, and your social life may change as well.

Carole C

wendyn on 1/18/02 at 21:53 (070460)

Scott.

I am paying all kinds of attention to you and you just ignore me.

Scott R on 1/19/02 at 08:12 (070478)

Hi Wendy, what do you mean? Am I ignoring some of your posts or emails? If yes, then I guess it's an example of what I was saying. I didn't mean just 'anti-girl' but also 'anti-social', but that's not really true because I see people as much as most single people, but I FEEL like I'm being anti-social. People come to me sometimes and I'm like 'Yea, what do you want?' One of the the girls asked if I wanted to drive some of them to Auburn today, and I'm like 'Yea, if you can't get anyone else.' I went out with Ke last week because I actually wanted to (and even paid for both dinner and movie), but that's a rarity, and I keep letting R come over, if I don't ask, but we (any of us) never do anything but talk. I didn't even bother to email Ki back, or ask out H. But i do like L, T, and C, but they're not interested. I refused to meet my family at christmas. I had already seen them twice since Thanksgiving, and that was plenty enough. Maybe they won't make me see them again for another 2 or 3 months.

nancy s. on 1/19/02 at 09:13 (070489)

i think wendy was kidding, scott.
for an antisocial guy, you sound like you have an awful lot of people in your life. now if you would just stop being mysterious and give us their full names and personal histories. thanks.
nancy

Scott R on 1/19/02 at 09:17 (070491)

hardy har har. S probably reads all this.

nancy s. on 1/19/02 at 09:39 (070495)

ok, scott, let's start with S.
awaiting description. thanks.
n.

JudyS on 1/19/02 at 11:04 (070500)

Dearest NancyS - I guess you're on the fringes, my friend, because EVERYONE knows who S is.......:)

wendyn on 1/19/02 at 11:35 (070511)

I keep dragging Scott's name into conversations here to try to get him to say something...but he never bites.

I thought that the comment about long evenings spent sipping soy and beer watching Mike Myers movies might get him to say something...but no such luck.

Scott R on 1/19/02 at 11:47 (070512)

I have been very busy these days. I just downloaded a free voice recognition program from Microsoft's website. This is my first time testing about. Hoops, it just misspelled 'it out 'and turned it into 'about '. It also put the word 'and 'right after the '. it also misspelled the word 'oops'. well it's not perfect but I guess it will have to do. Go to http://www.microsoft.com/speech and download the SDK package for SAP I or whatever it is called. Another way is to go to CNET.com then do a search for voice recognition. But read the user comments for the Microsoft package. It is a very large a file and there are no instructions on how I use it.

Carmen H on 1/19/02 at 19:42 (070576)

Ummmm....Is there anyone in the alphabet that isn't in Scott's Life??
;-)

Scott R on 1/19/02 at 20:19 (070583)

Only R and Ke are 'in my life' these days.

nancy s. on 1/19/02 at 21:04 (070587)

ok scott, i know who R is. what's the scoop on Ke? (as if you're going to post it!)
n.

Re: Yeah!

elliott on 1/19/02 at 23:40 (070606)

Then on this board we can more or less say what we want without risking a foul!

---

Re: you flirt, you! (nm)

elliott on 1/20/02 at 00:18 (070609)

JudyS on 1/20/02 at 11:08 (070649)

Scott - it looks like you learned to use it quickly. Was there no help file in the download?
I'm gonna check it out. I know John h won't though, because he has a silly Mac. Finally, I'll have a toy that he doesn't have!

john h on 1/21/02 at 10:26 (070752)

Scott: Sounds like you need to go into the woods and find yourself.

john h on 1/21/02 at 12:03 (070768)

S stands for Scott as in Nancy Bell does it not?

john h on 1/21/02 at 12:08 (070770)

Judy dear I had a voice package last year but had no one on the other end to talk to so I just talked to myself. MAC rules! As a matter of fact my Mac talks to me to much as it is as most Mac owners will testify. It seems to have a voice message for everything. Mary often hears this female voice eminating from my office and ask who I am I talking with.

john h on 1/21/02 at 12:10 (070771)

careful elliott! better men and women than you have been sent to computer hell by scott and have never been seen or heard from again. He is sort of Lord of The Ring.

Scott R on 1/21/02 at 12:16 (070772)

No, I *am* the ring. (insert evil echoing laugh here)

nancy s. on 1/21/02 at 16:55 (070790)

john, thanks for my major guffaw of the day.
scott, we have a lot of woods here in maine where you can go to find yourself.
of course, i just moved away from the woods because i lost myself there. i'm finding myself again at the beach. maybe you should try it.
there are a lot of women floating around the portland area, scott, and many of them have teeth.
nancy

Scott R on 1/21/02 at 17:19 (070792)

OK, the teeth bit was funny. You know, if I could just 'imagine' a woman I would want to be with and who also wanted the same, then I could make it happen. But I wonder if the best ones are those who are outside my imagination. I've done nearly zero work on the website in the past year because of this problem.

I've declared the book 'finished'. Anyone know of a publisher that charges less than office depot? Maybe I'll do 10 copies of 100 pages (they want $16 each) to see how it'll sell, then decide how many to get. They want $6 per booklet if I get 1,000. hmmm, maybe I should cater to doctors since information is the main thing a patient needs.

Re: Scott's book

Julie on 1/22/02 at 08:15 (070848)

Scott, the book is good. You should really see if you can't find a publisher to take it on properly. That means not just editing and printing, but marketing and above all distribution. Unless you're quite sure you can get volume sales on the net, at a level that would bring the unit price down to a reasonable sum, I think you'd be better off letting a good publishing firm take the risk. I wish I could give you some pointers - I could if you were in England - but I know nothing about publishing in the States.

If you could get self-publishing to work you'd probably make more money, but there'd be less risk doing it the other way. And I've got a feeling, though I could be wrong, that you'd reach more people, which is the important thing.

If you're sure you want to self-publish, why not do a survey of heelspurs posters to judge likely sales amongst us.

Re: neutral?

elliott on 1/22/02 at 08:57 (070852)

Woulda never guessed. May I suggest you add a Bisexual Bilateral PF board to Heelspurs? :-)

---

JudyS on 1/22/02 at 10:10 (070855)

I don't think we're talking about that kind of speech recognition package, John h, unless I'm misunderstanding Scott. I think he's talking about the type where you can enter text in to various applications (like this message board, or a Word doc) simply by talking in to a microphone instead of typing on a keyboard.
I downloaded the Microsoft software Scott was talking about but haven't taken the time to install it yet. For some reason John and I thought it prudent to spend this entire 3-day weekend working in the yard instead of monkeying around with the computer!

JudyS on 1/22/02 at 10:17 (070858)

I have it on good authority that Scott actually prefers his women-folk with no teeth.....

john h on 1/22/02 at 10:20 (070862)

I buy anything connected with PF so consider this a pre-order Scott unless the price is outrageous.

Scott R on 1/22/02 at 10:23 (070863)

For you john, I'll let you have one for $100. Everyone else pays $10. hmmm, no teeth...sumtin to kunsider

john h on 1/22/02 at 10:38 (070865)

I think you are correct Judy. I think I have seen that package offered for the Mac but know little about it. It would seem great for those with CTS. Let us know if you get it working. I think you have a cell phone that has speach recognition do you not? How is that working?

JudyS on 1/17/02 at 20:06 (070334)

But Scott, the Social Board is Where It's At! :)
Please, come visit more often!

john h on 1/18/02 at 12:26 (070395)

How is your social life anyway Scott. You and Barb still getting it on?

Scott R on 1/18/02 at 17:06 (070436)

I'm strangely anti-girl these days. Not anti, really, just nuetral, which makes me 'anti-girl' compared to most guys because guys are usually very 'pro-girl'. Mentally I feel like an old man. Not in a depressed way, but in a 'been there done that' sort of way. Neither here nor there, just being.

Carole C on 1/18/02 at 18:56 (070448)

Wow, and I thought MY divorce left me self protective and wary. :) Just kidding, Scott. Sometimes a social life just isn't as important as some other things, like (for me) introspection and centering and such. Anyway, when and if the time is right, I think it's likely that the right person or persons for you will come along, you'll change your mind, and your social life may change as well.

Carole C

wendyn on 1/18/02 at 21:53 (070460)

Scott.

I am paying all kinds of attention to you and you just ignore me.

Scott R on 1/19/02 at 08:12 (070478)

Hi Wendy, what do you mean? Am I ignoring some of your posts or emails? If yes, then I guess it's an example of what I was saying. I didn't mean just 'anti-girl' but also 'anti-social', but that's not really true because I see people as much as most single people, but I FEEL like I'm being anti-social. People come to me sometimes and I'm like 'Yea, what do you want?' One of the the girls asked if I wanted to drive some of them to Auburn today, and I'm like 'Yea, if you can't get anyone else.' I went out with Ke last week because I actually wanted to (and even paid for both dinner and movie), but that's a rarity, and I keep letting R come over, if I don't ask, but we (any of us) never do anything but talk. I didn't even bother to email Ki back, or ask out H. But i do like L, T, and C, but they're not interested. I refused to meet my family at christmas. I had already seen them twice since Thanksgiving, and that was plenty enough. Maybe they won't make me see them again for another 2 or 3 months.

nancy s. on 1/19/02 at 09:13 (070489)

i think wendy was kidding, scott.
for an antisocial guy, you sound like you have an awful lot of people in your life. now if you would just stop being mysterious and give us their full names and personal histories. thanks.
nancy

Scott R on 1/19/02 at 09:17 (070491)

hardy har har. S probably reads all this.

nancy s. on 1/19/02 at 09:39 (070495)

ok, scott, let's start with S.
awaiting description. thanks.
n.

JudyS on 1/19/02 at 11:04 (070500)

Dearest NancyS - I guess you're on the fringes, my friend, because EVERYONE knows who S is.......:)

wendyn on 1/19/02 at 11:35 (070511)

I keep dragging Scott's name into conversations here to try to get him to say something...but he never bites.

I thought that the comment about long evenings spent sipping soy and beer watching Mike Myers movies might get him to say something...but no such luck.

Scott R on 1/19/02 at 11:47 (070512)

I have been very busy these days. I just downloaded a free voice recognition program from Microsoft's website. This is my first time testing about. Hoops, it just misspelled 'it out 'and turned it into 'about '. It also put the word 'and 'right after the '. it also misspelled the word 'oops'. well it's not perfect but I guess it will have to do. Go to http://www.microsoft.com/speech and download the SDK package for SAP I or whatever it is called. Another way is to go to CNET.com then do a search for voice recognition. But read the user comments for the Microsoft package. It is a very large a file and there are no instructions on how I use it.

Carmen H on 1/19/02 at 19:42 (070576)

Ummmm....Is there anyone in the alphabet that isn't in Scott's Life??
;-)

Scott R on 1/19/02 at 20:19 (070583)

Only R and Ke are 'in my life' these days.

nancy s. on 1/19/02 at 21:04 (070587)

ok scott, i know who R is. what's the scoop on Ke? (as if you're going to post it!)
n.

elliott on 1/19/02 at 23:40 (070606)

Then on this board we can more or less say what we want without risking a foul!

---

Re: you flirt, you! (nm)

elliott on 1/20/02 at 00:18 (070609)

JudyS on 1/20/02 at 11:08 (070649)

Scott - it looks like you learned to use it quickly. Was there no help file in the download?
I'm gonna check it out. I know John h won't though, because he has a silly Mac. Finally, I'll have a toy that he doesn't have!

john h on 1/21/02 at 10:26 (070752)

Scott: Sounds like you need to go into the woods and find yourself.

john h on 1/21/02 at 12:03 (070768)

S stands for Scott as in Nancy Bell does it not?

john h on 1/21/02 at 12:08 (070770)

Judy dear I had a voice package last year but had no one on the other end to talk to so I just talked to myself. MAC rules! As a matter of fact my Mac talks to me to much as it is as most Mac owners will testify. It seems to have a voice message for everything. Mary often hears this female voice eminating from my office and ask who I am I talking with.

john h on 1/21/02 at 12:10 (070771)

careful elliott! better men and women than you have been sent to computer hell by scott and have never been seen or heard from again. He is sort of Lord of The Ring.

Scott R on 1/21/02 at 12:16 (070772)

No, I *am* the ring. (insert evil echoing laugh here)

nancy s. on 1/21/02 at 16:55 (070790)

john, thanks for my major guffaw of the day.
scott, we have a lot of woods here in maine where you can go to find yourself.
of course, i just moved away from the woods because i lost myself there. i'm finding myself again at the beach. maybe you should try it.
there are a lot of women floating around the portland area, scott, and many of them have teeth.
nancy

Scott R on 1/21/02 at 17:19 (070792)

OK, the teeth bit was funny. You know, if I could just 'imagine' a woman I would want to be with and who also wanted the same, then I could make it happen. But I wonder if the best ones are those who are outside my imagination. I've done nearly zero work on the website in the past year because of this problem.

I've declared the book 'finished'. Anyone know of a publisher that charges less than office depot? Maybe I'll do 10 copies of 100 pages (they want $16 each) to see how it'll sell, then decide how many to get. They want $6 per booklet if I get 1,000. hmmm, maybe I should cater to doctors since information is the main thing a patient needs.

Julie on 1/22/02 at 08:15 (070848)

Scott, the book is good. You should really see if you can't find a publisher to take it on properly. That means not just editing and printing, but marketing and above all distribution. Unless you're quite sure you can get volume sales on the net, at a level that would bring the unit price down to a reasonable sum, I think you'd be better off letting a good publishing firm take the risk. I wish I could give you some pointers - I could if you were in England - but I know nothing about publishing in the States.

If you could get self-publishing to work you'd probably make more money, but there'd be less risk doing it the other way. And I've got a feeling, though I could be wrong, that you'd reach more people, which is the important thing.

If you're sure you want to self-publish, why not do a survey of heelspurs posters to judge likely sales amongst us.

Re: neutral?

elliott on 1/22/02 at 08:57 (070852)

Woulda never guessed. May I suggest you add a Bisexual Bilateral PF board to Heelspurs? :-)

---

JudyS on 1/22/02 at 10:10 (070855)

I don't think we're talking about that kind of speech recognition package, John h, unless I'm misunderstanding Scott. I think he's talking about the type where you can enter text in to various applications (like this message board, or a Word doc) simply by talking in to a microphone instead of typing on a keyboard.
I downloaded the Microsoft software Scott was talking about but haven't taken the time to install it yet. For some reason John and I thought it prudent to spend this entire 3-day weekend working in the yard instead of monkeying around with the computer!

JudyS on 1/22/02 at 10:17 (070858)

I have it on good authority that Scott actually prefers his women-folk with no teeth.....

john h on 1/22/02 at 10:20 (070862)

I buy anything connected with PF so consider this a pre-order Scott unless the price is outrageous.

Scott R on 1/22/02 at 10:23 (070863)

For you john, I'll let you have one for $100. Everyone else pays $10. hmmm, no teeth...sumtin to kunsider

john h on 1/22/02 at 10:38 (070865)

I think you are correct Judy. I think I have seen that package offered for the Mac but know little about it. It would seem great for those with CTS. Let us know if you get it working. I think you have a cell phone that has speach recognition do you not? How is that working?