Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

swollen arch

Posted by Melanie P. on 1/18/02 at 09:59 (070374)

Lately the arch of both of my feet have been swelling. This swelling itches, is very painful and VERY noticeable. Sometimes to the point where I end up limping around like I am crippled. I have had pain somewhat like this before just never as severe. Is this possibly caused from heel spurs? My sister and mother-in-law both have/had heel spurs and both of them say they never had symptoms like these. I have had no injury. I do have pretty high arches and I also have a bulging disc b/w L3 & L4. Could these be the cause rather than a spur?

Re: swollen arch

Pam B on 1/18/02 at 18:40 (070444)

I am not a doctor but I know that all these parts are connected....I have had two back surgeries and I was told that scar tissue can interfere with legs and feet......makes sense since it is all connected.......go to a pod and follow through cause the longer you wait, you could be doing more damage to whatever it is that is wrong......PF causes the pain in my arch and when I ask my doc he says I just have a bad heel......but the spur is not really where the symptoms come from it is the plantar fascia causing the problem.......I like you, also walk like a cripple when it is at its worse.....good luck to you.......

Melanie P. on 1/18/02 at 19:35 (070453)

Thanks for being honest and sincere. I appreciate any input at this point.

Pam B on 1/18/02 at 18:40 (070444)

I am not a doctor but I know that all these parts are connected....I have had two back surgeries and I was told that scar tissue can interfere with legs and feet......makes sense since it is all connected.......go to a pod and follow through cause the longer you wait, you could be doing more damage to whatever it is that is wrong......PF causes the pain in my arch and when I ask my doc he says I just have a bad heel......but the spur is not really where the symptoms come from it is the plantar fascia causing the problem.......I like you, also walk like a cripple when it is at its worse.....good luck to you.......

Melanie P. on 1/18/02 at 19:35 (070453)

Thanks for being honest and sincere. I appreciate any input at this point.