Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Carole C., how are you?

Posted by Suzanne D on 1/18/02 at 16:43 (070434)

(Notice, Elliott, that I did not say, 'THINKING OF YOU!' :-) :-) :-) I guess I HAVE worn that phrase out!)

I guess it's just the first grade teacher in me - you know, we always go everywhere counting our little brood and making sure everyone is safe and accounted for.

So...Carole, I was just noticing that you hadn't posted in the last couple of days or so, and I am hoping that means your feet feel better and that you are out at Wal-Mart or somewhere shopping and enjoying yourself!

Just checking in on you...:-)

Re: Carole C., how are you?

Carole C on 1/18/02 at 18:30 (070441)

Hi, Suzanne! and hi, all you great people here.

My feet are doing very well. I plan to do some actual shopping and doing things this weekend, housework, laundry, and all kinds of things that only
we here can appreciate being able to do. I'm wearing my orthotics/SAS shoes
combination that seems to be the ticket for me. I discontinued my
exercycle after my disastrous experiment with wearing 'normal shoes' for
a day, and I don't feel I'm ready to start it again quite yet, but
otherwise I'm about where I was and that is great.

I went to the dentist this morning and my tooth doesn't hurt any more now. He says I have to come back to finish the root canal (which I didn't realize that I needed) and put on a new gold crown. I must not look like a druggie because he prescribed Darvocet for me as well as Vicodin, even though I told him it doesn't hurt any more. Plus I'm to finish my penicillin tabs. So, I'm in good shape and not hurting at all now, even with no medications since last Sunday night or so. (whew!)

The reason I hadn't posted is that my cable modem internet access went
kaput!! Last night I tried for two hours to get to Cox Cable tech
support, and couldn't get past the muzak. This morning early I tried
again (feeling clever) and the recording said that their 24 hour tech
support was 'not available at this time'. (snort!) This afternoon, after
90 minutes of muzak I got a real live person. He and I tried everything,
and he thinks there has been an unreported outage in my area. Tomorrow
I will get a real live technician coming to my apt to check, between 11-1.
Believe me, after all this I will sit in front of the open door so I
don't miss him! Cox Cable is such a pain, in my opinion.

Meanwhile, I have internet access through AOL, but since I have the plan
by which I connect to AOL through the net rather than through their phone
lines, I have to pay an extra hourly fee to use their phone dial-up. This
is about $3/hour, over and above about $15/month with the new rates.

On top of all this, I have no internet at work because I work for Uncle Sam, for a department that has had no internet access or e-mail for almost 2 months due to a judge's order connected with a legal action against us. Ugh, no internet at home and none at work either.

So, I haven't been checking the board much. Don't you just hate internet
problems? I do. But anyway, I'm here and will be back in full force soon,
hopefully.

Carole C

Suzanne D on 1/19/02 at 08:42 (070483)

Glad to hear that your feet are doing so well! Sorry about the internet problems, but if you had a choice between the two, I am sure you would choose internet over FEET difficulties! :-) Hope everything is restored and back to normal soon. We missed you!

PatC on 1/19/02 at 12:37 (070519)

Carol, Glad you are back. I too was wondering what happened to you. Your posts are always so interesting. Hope you got your internet problems worked out.

Carole C on 1/19/02 at 19:28 (070567)

Thanks! My feet are doing pretty well. I do have pain in them but as long as I stick to what works for me, the level of pain is only about a 2, like walking on bruised feet (and we all know how bad PF can get, a lot worse that that really). And yes I do prefer internet problems to FEET problems, any time at all!!

Cox Cable finally sent a tech support person out to my house. He told me that the problem is with their servers, and the majority of customers in my region have been cut off even longer than I have been. There is no estimated length of time for this problem. This has to do with the At Home bankruptcy, and they are refusing to call it an outage (since we can still get TV). I guess I should switch AOL plans so that I can use their dial-up service without the hourly fee.

I'm really glad that it's not my computer (trying to see a silver lining here! LOL). It could have been an impending hard drive crash or something, but the tech said it's due to Cox. He said we would be refunded for the days of non-service.

Carole C on 1/19/02 at 19:30 (070568)

Thank you, Pat! That is so nice of you to say about my posts. The status of my internet situation doesn't look good. However, now that I have some idea that this is going to last, I can switch to a cheaper non-hourly AOL dial-up plan and then I can be back more.

Carole C

Carole C on 1/18/02 at 18:30 (070441)

Hi, Suzanne! and hi, all you great people here.

My feet are doing very well. I plan to do some actual shopping and doing things this weekend, housework, laundry, and all kinds of things that only
we here can appreciate being able to do. I'm wearing my orthotics/SAS shoes
combination that seems to be the ticket for me. I discontinued my
exercycle after my disastrous experiment with wearing 'normal shoes' for
a day, and I don't feel I'm ready to start it again quite yet, but
otherwise I'm about where I was and that is great.

I went to the dentist this morning and my tooth doesn't hurt any more now. He says I have to come back to finish the root canal (which I didn't realize that I needed) and put on a new gold crown. I must not look like a druggie because he prescribed Darvocet for me as well as Vicodin, even though I told him it doesn't hurt any more. Plus I'm to finish my penicillin tabs. So, I'm in good shape and not hurting at all now, even with no medications since last Sunday night or so. (whew!)

The reason I hadn't posted is that my cable modem internet access went
kaput!! Last night I tried for two hours to get to Cox Cable tech
support, and couldn't get past the muzak. This morning early I tried
again (feeling clever) and the recording said that their 24 hour tech
support was 'not available at this time'. (snort!) This afternoon, after
90 minutes of muzak I got a real live person. He and I tried everything,
and he thinks there has been an unreported outage in my area. Tomorrow
I will get a real live technician coming to my apt to check, between 11-1.
Believe me, after all this I will sit in front of the open door so I
don't miss him! Cox Cable is such a pain, in my opinion.

Meanwhile, I have internet access through AOL, but since I have the plan
by which I connect to AOL through the net rather than through their phone
lines, I have to pay an extra hourly fee to use their phone dial-up. This
is about $3/hour, over and above about $15/month with the new rates.

On top of all this, I have no internet at work because I work for Uncle Sam, for a department that has had no internet access or e-mail for almost 2 months due to a judge's order connected with a legal action against us. Ugh, no internet at home and none at work either.

So, I haven't been checking the board much. Don't you just hate internet
problems? I do. But anyway, I'm here and will be back in full force soon,
hopefully.

Carole C

Suzanne D on 1/19/02 at 08:42 (070483)

Glad to hear that your feet are doing so well! Sorry about the internet problems, but if you had a choice between the two, I am sure you would choose internet over FEET difficulties! :-) Hope everything is restored and back to normal soon. We missed you!

PatC on 1/19/02 at 12:37 (070519)

Carol, Glad you are back. I too was wondering what happened to you. Your posts are always so interesting. Hope you got your internet problems worked out.

Carole C on 1/19/02 at 19:28 (070567)

Thanks! My feet are doing pretty well. I do have pain in them but as long as I stick to what works for me, the level of pain is only about a 2, like walking on bruised feet (and we all know how bad PF can get, a lot worse that that really). And yes I do prefer internet problems to FEET problems, any time at all!!

Cox Cable finally sent a tech support person out to my house. He told me that the problem is with their servers, and the majority of customers in my region have been cut off even longer than I have been. There is no estimated length of time for this problem. This has to do with the At Home bankruptcy, and they are refusing to call it an outage (since we can still get TV). I guess I should switch AOL plans so that I can use their dial-up service without the hourly fee.

I'm really glad that it's not my computer (trying to see a silver lining here! LOL). It could have been an impending hard drive crash or something, but the tech said it's due to Cox. He said we would be refunded for the days of non-service.

Carole C on 1/19/02 at 19:30 (070568)

Thank you, Pat! That is so nice of you to say about my posts. The status of my internet situation doesn't look good. However, now that I have some idea that this is going to last, I can switch to a cheaper non-hourly AOL dial-up plan and then I can be back more.

Carole C