Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

just snowed in louisville , ky . i am at the hospital w/ a gorgeuos view of the woods

Posted by linda a on 1/19/02 at 09:31 (070493)

hello to everyone ! my computer has been down over 3wks . i have to go the the library or use the anestheisa office's computer to clear off my junk e-mail . such a bummer ! laurie has been cheering me up . it did not snow on my birthday , but it finally did arrive here in louisville today . behind our hospital is a nature preserve area . the scenery is just gorgeous w/ all the trees covered w/ snow . how is your area of town suzanne ( elizabethtown, KY ) ? i think we got around 3-5 in here in louisville . take care . linda

Re: just snowed in louisville , ky . i am at the hospital w/ a gorgeuos view of the woods

Suzanne D on 1/19/02 at 09:38 (070494)

I thought of you this morning, Linda, and wondered how much snow fell in Louisville! We got 3 - 5', too I would say. It IS beautiful! The snow that fell Thursday night was pretty, too, even though it was not as much. The trees were all covered, and the children at school were excited about it!

Of course, if there are any other teachers out there reading this, you will understand what I am saying here: this snow fell at the 'wrong time' as it is a weekend, and we are already out of school on Monday! :-) You know how we enjoy the occasional 'snow day'!

Be careful, Linda, on your trip home today! When was your birthday? Happy Belated Birthday to you!!

Re: just snowed in louisville , ky . i am at the hospital w/ a gorgeuos view of the woods

Laurie R on 1/19/02 at 11:15 (070503)

Hi Linda , I have been cheering you up ??? Wow that is so good to hear ... Now you need to get that computer fixed ... Tell your brother in law to take it to the shop ASAP..... I hope your day is going well at work... Talk to you soon...Much love , Laurie R

Carmen H on 1/19/02 at 12:38 (070520)

What's wrong with the computer?
Glad to see you back...wondering where you have been!
How's that cat of yours?

Re: birthday was jan 17th . yes suzanne i remember the good old days of getting off from school on my birthday

linda a on 1/21/02 at 05:45 (070729)

hello to everyone ! my computer is still in the shop . problems w/ cd-rw and the start button . back in the early 70's and 80's the snowy weather conditions made it hard for anyone to get around in louisville , especialy around my birthday jan 17th ( if you remember suzanne about 6 -7yrs ago the big snowfall that brought louisville to a standing halt ). carmen ----my big fat lazy cat ( just joking ) lays around all day then wants to pounce on my face at night time . that is when i kick it out of my bedroom so i can sleep . i have a house that was built 1925 so i have floor registers and CHICO loves sleeping on them . well i have to get off the anesthesia computer right now talk to ya later . yes, laurie you do cheer me up . i hope that you are feelin much better along w/the rest of the p.f. support panel . linda (louisville,Ky)

Re: birthday was jan 17th . yes suzanne i remember the good old days of getting off from school on my birthday

Suzanne D on 1/21/02 at 10:01 (070744)

Happy Belated Birthday, Linda! I'll bet you did get out of school on your birthday occasionally. I grew up 100 miles south of Louisville where they didn't have much snow removal equipment. That, combined with all the 'hills and hollers', kept us out of school pretty much anytime it snowed! Then you could miss 10 days before you had to 'make up the days', and we usually missed at least 10. Now, of course, we make up every day we miss.

I used to wish that we WOULD go to school on my birthday - May 30 - but we were usually out by then! (I always wanted to bring cupcakes to school to celebrate like a lot of the kids did!) :-)

Sorry you're still having computer troubles. Hope they get fixed soon!

Re: yes--- i too hated the make up days in May .

linda a on 1/21/02 at 10:37 (070755)

hello suzanne ! i was able to sneak in the anesthesia office again this morning 11:30 am . almost being called out of the room though to go rm #6 . so it will be a short note . what kind of cupcakes would you bring suzanne . chocolate or strawberry ? linda ( Ky)

Suzanne D on 1/21/02 at 12:55 (070774)

...chocolate, Linda! Actually, white with chocolate icing. :-)

Hope you're having a good day!

JudyS on 1/22/02 at 10:11 (070856)

can I have one? :)

Necee on 1/23/02 at 01:11 (070935)

Happy Belated Birthday Linda!
And Happy Trails to you........
Necee

Suzanne D on 1/19/02 at 09:38 (070494)

I thought of you this morning, Linda, and wondered how much snow fell in Louisville! We got 3 - 5', too I would say. It IS beautiful! The snow that fell Thursday night was pretty, too, even though it was not as much. The trees were all covered, and the children at school were excited about it!

Of course, if there are any other teachers out there reading this, you will understand what I am saying here: this snow fell at the 'wrong time' as it is a weekend, and we are already out of school on Monday! :-) You know how we enjoy the occasional 'snow day'!

Be careful, Linda, on your trip home today! When was your birthday? Happy Belated Birthday to you!!

Laurie R on 1/19/02 at 11:15 (070503)

Hi Linda , I have been cheering you up ??? Wow that is so good to hear ... Now you need to get that computer fixed ... Tell your brother in law to take it to the shop ASAP..... I hope your day is going well at work... Talk to you soon...Much love , Laurie R

Carmen H on 1/19/02 at 12:38 (070520)

What's wrong with the computer?
Glad to see you back...wondering where you have been!
How's that cat of yours?

linda a on 1/21/02 at 05:45 (070729)

hello to everyone ! my computer is still in the shop . problems w/ cd-rw and the start button . back in the early 70's and 80's the snowy weather conditions made it hard for anyone to get around in louisville , especialy around my birthday jan 17th ( if you remember suzanne about 6 -7yrs ago the big snowfall that brought louisville to a standing halt ). carmen ----my big fat lazy cat ( just joking ) lays around all day then wants to pounce on my face at night time . that is when i kick it out of my bedroom so i can sleep . i have a house that was built 1925 so i have floor registers and CHICO loves sleeping on them . well i have to get off the anesthesia computer right now talk to ya later . yes, laurie you do cheer me up . i hope that you are feelin much better along w/the rest of the p.f. support panel . linda (louisville,Ky)

Suzanne D on 1/21/02 at 10:01 (070744)

Happy Belated Birthday, Linda! I'll bet you did get out of school on your birthday occasionally. I grew up 100 miles south of Louisville where they didn't have much snow removal equipment. That, combined with all the 'hills and hollers', kept us out of school pretty much anytime it snowed! Then you could miss 10 days before you had to 'make up the days', and we usually missed at least 10. Now, of course, we make up every day we miss.

I used to wish that we WOULD go to school on my birthday - May 30 - but we were usually out by then! (I always wanted to bring cupcakes to school to celebrate like a lot of the kids did!) :-)

Sorry you're still having computer troubles. Hope they get fixed soon!

linda a on 1/21/02 at 10:37 (070755)

hello suzanne ! i was able to sneak in the anesthesia office again this morning 11:30 am . almost being called out of the room though to go rm #6 . so it will be a short note . what kind of cupcakes would you bring suzanne . chocolate or strawberry ? linda ( Ky)

Suzanne D on 1/21/02 at 12:55 (070774)

...chocolate, Linda! Actually, white with chocolate icing. :-)

Hope you're having a good day!

JudyS on 1/22/02 at 10:11 (070856)

can I have one? :)

Necee on 1/23/02 at 01:11 (070935)

Happy Belated Birthday Linda!
And Happy Trails to you........
Necee