Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

DR, SCHOLLS DYNA STEP INSERTS

Posted by Mike on 1/21/02 at 15:17 (070785)

I HAVE HAD PRETTY BAD PAIN IN THE INSIDE AREA OF MY HEEL FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS, A FRIEND TOLD ME TO TRY THESE DYNA STEP INSERTS, GUESS WHAT?? BINGO, THEY DID THE TRICK!

Re: DR, SCHOLLS DYNA STEP INSERTS

Angela J on 1/23/02 at 11:04 (070975)

Mike,
I recently have been experiencing heel pain in my right foot. Have not seen a foot dr. yet. I just bought the Dr. Scholl's DynaStep Sport insert last night -- hoping this will cure my problem. I am a runner (for the past 14 years) running for 4 miles walking one mile and felt sure my problem was related to that. Are you a runner or an aerobic exerciser? Just curious if the Dr. Scholl's .... will help me. I'm wondering if I can continue my running. I can run through the pain (for some odd reason I am not aware of it at all while running) but later in the day my heel is very tender like a big bruise. I run on grass, gravel and dirt.

Re: Don't run through the pain!

Julie on 1/23/02 at 11:19 (070982)

Angela, listen: don't run through the pain. You are re-injuring your plantar fascia with every step. Many people here can tell a sorry tale of being brave and running or walking through PF pain and ending up with a long-lasting, chronic condition.

If you want to continue running in the future, stop now. Give your foot a chance to heal. See a foot doctor and if s/he is a knowledgeable, skilled foot doctor, follow the advice you get. A full examination should include an evaluation of your biomechanics to determine the cause of your problem, so that it can be addressed. PF is nothing to fool around with.

Read the heel pain book (click on the link).

Don't go barefoot, ever, and be careful about your footwear.

Re: Practical advice

Angela J on 1/23/02 at 11:26 (070986)

Thanks for the advice. I feel kinda dumb about it now but I have ignored this pain for over a week. I don't know why runners always seem to think they can and should run through their pain. Hopefully, I haven't done too much damage. I am using the Dr. Scholl's insert and will definitely stop running for the time being. Anxiously awaiting my dr. visit too.

Re: DR, SCHOLLS DYNA STEP INSERTS

Angela J on 1/23/02 at 11:04 (070975)

Mike,
I recently have been experiencing heel pain in my right foot. Have not seen a foot dr. yet. I just bought the Dr. Scholl's DynaStep Sport insert last night -- hoping this will cure my problem. I am a runner (for the past 14 years) running for 4 miles walking one mile and felt sure my problem was related to that. Are you a runner or an aerobic exerciser? Just curious if the Dr. Scholl's .... will help me. I'm wondering if I can continue my running. I can run through the pain (for some odd reason I am not aware of it at all while running) but later in the day my heel is very tender like a big bruise. I run on grass, gravel and dirt.

Re: Don't run through the pain!

Julie on 1/23/02 at 11:19 (070982)

Angela, listen: don't run through the pain. You are re-injuring your plantar fascia with every step. Many people here can tell a sorry tale of being brave and running or walking through PF pain and ending up with a long-lasting, chronic condition.

If you want to continue running in the future, stop now. Give your foot a chance to heal. See a foot doctor and if s/he is a knowledgeable, skilled foot doctor, follow the advice you get. A full examination should include an evaluation of your biomechanics to determine the cause of your problem, so that it can be addressed. PF is nothing to fool around with.

Read the heel pain book (click on the link).

Don't go barefoot, ever, and be careful about your footwear.

Re: Practical advice

Angela J on 1/23/02 at 11:26 (070986)

Thanks for the advice. I feel kinda dumb about it now but I have ignored this pain for over a week. I don't know why runners always seem to think they can and should run through their pain. Hopefully, I haven't done too much damage. I am using the Dr. Scholl's insert and will definitely stop running for the time being. Anxiously awaiting my dr. visit too.