Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Posted by Mahatmelissama on 1/22/02 at 17:14 (070903)

So far I have spent $$$ on too many OTC things, including Alznner's (Ed knows about that one...found this through an Alznner's msg board)...and I ended up for months wearing the same ugly cheap sandals since they were the only things that didn't KILL my feet right off the bat.

I went through almost 2 months of waiting to see a nice albeit uninformative podiatrist (she just gave me some pamplets of OTC things to try and xrayed my feet...my xrays are fine). IN the meantime, I went to a store in San Jose called Walkrite shoes and was treated like dogmeat by a very bitter employee who literally took away the nice Ped-internist helping me and put herself as my helper. She made me wait for an hour and half and then told me 'it's time for her to go home, come again some other time'. Out of desperation, I begged for SOMETHING to hold me over till my pod appt...she sold me an expen$ive pair of sandals that HURT like hades that I can't wear and shooed me out of the store.

Well, I went back and the nice internist ped was there and helped me...we picked out a cute closed clog and I ordered orthos.

I picked them up and felt uncomfortable in them...I went back and got another nice guy, this guy though is a certified ped and has more experience. He exchanged my shoes and shaved down the pads. That was last WEd...Jan 16th...and I am on day 6 of wearing these. I wore them during my move (I moved into a house from my apartment) and I literally had to keep sitting and sitting...but I really am breaking them in.

I am now finally starting to feel more and more comfortable, little by little. I am also starting yesterday, stretching more.

I am praying my instincts are right...that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I am also trying harder to lose weight (I am very overweight).

After 7 years of grinning and bearing PF (and finding out what it was)...then taking action and waiting months and months to find something viable...I think I may have some hope in sight.

Long speech..thanks for letting me lean on y'all.

Re: Report

Ed Davis, DPM on 1/23/02 at 11:10 (070977)

Do you live in the San Jose area? Len Greenwald, DPM, a friend of mine, practices there. His number is (408)926-5855 if you are still looking for help.
Ed

Mahatmelissama on 1/24/02 at 10:37 (071117)

Hi Ed,

Yes, I do live in San Jose. If your friend is part of my insurance, Blue Shield of California and in the network for me, I could go see him. I am though going to give the lady DPM I saw a chance...perhaps she is just doing the 'start-at-the-bottom' approach. She told me to get OTC pads but on my own I got designed ones that are becoming more and more comfortable everyday (I still can't stand for that long but I notice I feel more balanced). I am also streching everyday...especially before getting out of bed.

Ed Davis, DPM on 1/23/02 at 11:10 (070977)

Do you live in the San Jose area? Len Greenwald, DPM, a friend of mine, practices there. His number is (408)926-5855 if you are still looking for help.
Ed

Mahatmelissama on 1/24/02 at 10:37 (071117)

Hi Ed,

Yes, I do live in San Jose. If your friend is part of my insurance, Blue Shield of California and in the network for me, I could go see him. I am though going to give the lady DPM I saw a chance...perhaps she is just doing the 'start-at-the-bottom' approach. She told me to get OTC pads but on my own I got designed ones that are becoming more and more comfortable everyday (I still can't stand for that long but I notice I feel more balanced). I am also streching everyday...especially before getting out of bed.