Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

New Birkenstocks, and Suzanne, Thanks!!!!!

Posted by Carole C on 1/22/02 at 21:34 (070925)

Suzanne, as always has been busy behind the scenes doing sweet things for people in subtle sweet ways, even though she's been so sick with the flu. Among other things she told me about some good deals at the Birkenstock Express site, which got me to thinking that gee, I really do need some more Birkenstocks.

I'm usually extremely frugal but I went nuts and bought 3 pairs!

1. *Arizonas*, taupe suede, classic footbed. Everybody loves Arizonas
and I want to try a pair. I know I will love them and they will fit
because I have Floridas in this size. Besides, Arizonas look so nice
for summer and throughout the year.

2. *Pacific*, Dusky Rose, for the shower so I can stand up for part
of my shower without hurting my feet.

3. *Amsterdam* clogs, black whipstitch leather, high arch footbed, just
because they look cool, I could wear them to work, and I wanted to
try the high arch version of Birkenstocks since I crave a higher arch.

I will break the Arizonas and Amsterdams in one pair at a time, slowly, probably Amsterdams first and then Arizonas in a month or so. I would imagine the shower shoes won't need breaking in. I should be getting my shipment in a few days. I can't believe I really did this!!!

Carole C

Re: I'm so glad, Carole!

Suzanne D on 1/23/02 at 12:06 (070992)

I hope you love your new shoes, Carole! Thanks for telling us about them. I think you will find the Arizonas comfortable, and I'll be anxious to hear what you think about the Amsterdam clogs. I ended up ordering a pair, too - white Tatami sandals - I think 'Alice' was the name; I felt so badly at the time, I can't remember! I know they had a 43, so I ordered them for summer while they were at a good price!

Here's hoping they feel good for both of us! :-)

Re: New Birkenstocks, and Suzanne, Thanks!!!!!

Necee on 1/24/02 at 16:36 (071152)

Good luck with the new shoes Carole, and just remember.....no dancin!!!
Happy Trails friend.....
Necee

Carole C on 1/24/02 at 18:11 (071163)

LOL! I promise I won't dance, well not much LOL It turns out that the Pacifics (=shower shoes) are no longer available, but I told them to send my Arizonas and Amsterdams anyway. They should be on their way soon. I am already looking for them and they aren't even sent yet. LOL

It's so nice to have feet that feel good enough to do this. Before, my feet hurt too much to even consider going to UPS to pick up a package.
I am hoping so much that the Tatami Amsterdams feel even better than regular Birks, since I have high arches and feel a need for more arch support. Even if they disappoint me, I'm sure the Arizonas will make me happy.

Carole C

Re: I'm so glad, Carole!

Suzanne D on 1/23/02 at 12:06 (070992)

I hope you love your new shoes, Carole! Thanks for telling us about them. I think you will find the Arizonas comfortable, and I'll be anxious to hear what you think about the Amsterdam clogs. I ended up ordering a pair, too - white Tatami sandals - I think 'Alice' was the name; I felt so badly at the time, I can't remember! I know they had a 43, so I ordered them for summer while they were at a good price!

Here's hoping they feel good for both of us! :-)

Necee on 1/24/02 at 16:36 (071152)

Good luck with the new shoes Carole, and just remember.....no dancin!!!
Happy Trails friend.....
Necee

Carole C on 1/24/02 at 18:11 (071163)

LOL! I promise I won't dance, well not much LOL It turns out that the Pacifics (=shower shoes) are no longer available, but I told them to send my Arizonas and Amsterdams anyway. They should be on their way soon. I am already looking for them and they aren't even sent yet. LOL

It's so nice to have feet that feel good enough to do this. Before, my feet hurt too much to even consider going to UPS to pick up a package.
I am hoping so much that the Tatami Amsterdams feel even better than regular Birks, since I have high arches and feel a need for more arch support. Even if they disappoint me, I'm sure the Arizonas will make me happy.

Carole C