Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pain behind toes

Posted by Jen S. on 1/24/02 at 08:52 (071100)

I am a runner and have been experiencing pain in the area between the toes and the arch of my foot for about a week...it's only two of my toes. It feels like a constant, stinging cramp and is difficult to stand on it. What do you think it is?

Re: Pain behind toes

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/24/02 at 12:37 (071130)

It sounds like a neuroma . The is a nerve imflamation between usually the second and third toes. Check out the wear and size of your running shoes first.

post on 1/29/02 at 08:09 (071759)

I am having pain between my toes. I have been told by my MD that it is Morton Neuroma. What is the most effective treatment for this condition ?it is really effecting my life....I am in pain much of the time.

Sincerely,

Jen S. on 1/29/02 at 08:46 (071762)

I'm very curious, what treatment did your doc give you? I have a doc apt this week, so I'll keep you posted as to what he tells me too.

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/24/02 at 12:37 (071130)

It sounds like a neuroma . The is a nerve imflamation between usually the second and third toes. Check out the wear and size of your running shoes first.

post on 1/29/02 at 08:09 (071759)

I am having pain between my toes. I have been told by my MD that it is Morton Neuroma. What is the most effective treatment for this condition ?it is really effecting my life....I am in pain much of the time.

Sincerely,

Jen S. on 1/29/02 at 08:46 (071762)

I'm very curious, what treatment did your doc give you? I have a doc apt this week, so I'll keep you posted as to what he tells me too.