Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

surgery

Posted by Wayne H on 1/25/02 at 11:36 (071250)

I had surgery for PF and TTS a year and 1/2 ago. I was in real bad pain,even after seeing 6 or 7 drs. and going through all of the usual treatments they recomend.So I had surgery for the PF and TTS.After surgery I was in severe pain for about 2 weeks and could not put any pressure on it for 2 months.In 3 months I started PT to learn how to walk again.
Today it is still painful and I cant even stand on it without pain.I am now going through more tests with a different Dr.All of this is Workmens comp. as I was injured at work.
AFTER ALL OF THESE PROBLEMS I HAVE HAD WITH SURGERY????
I WOULD NOT DO IT AGAIN!!!!
I hope this helps someone!!!

Re: surgery

Ed Davis, DPM on 1/25/02 at 20:24 (071323)

Wayne:

Was the presence of TTS confirmed by NCV testing?
How did the injury occur (work relationship)?

I have posted this before---I am surprised by the number of individuals who seem to have problems after simultaneous TTS and PF surgery. I feel that simultaneous TTS and PF is a very unusual finding and really feel the need to question the diagnosis.
Ed

Re: surgery

Ed Davis, DPM on 1/25/02 at 20:24 (071323)

Wayne:

Was the presence of TTS confirmed by NCV testing?
How did the injury occur (work relationship)?

I have posted this before---I am surprised by the number of individuals who seem to have problems after simultaneous TTS and PF surgery. I feel that simultaneous TTS and PF is a very unusual finding and really feel the need to question the diagnosis.
Ed