Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Surgery-

Posted by Gail B. on 1/25/02 at 12:22 (071266)

Just wanted to update everyone. I have been posting and reading on this site for a year now, after having bad results from a endoscopic PF release in Dec of 2001. After developing a mass in the instep of my foot and eventually ending up with constant, excruciating pain and many many doctors and surgeons, MRI's, EMG's, custom inserts, mutlitudes of shoes, splints, boots YOU NAME IT. I am having surgery on the 30th of January, 2002 to repair the nerve damage, remove the mass, release the faschia, and repair to the muscle and also tarsal tunnel relief. I don't look forward to surgery and being out of commission to an even greater extent, but am looking forward to positive results and a wonderful recovery. Thank you for all the support your site offers.

Gail

Re: Surgery-

JudyS on 1/25/02 at 13:26 (071274)

Gail, this sounds like a really positive step to me! Good for you for being decisive and assertive. I'll bet your healing will progress nicely with such a positive attitude as yours!

Gail B. on 1/25/02 at 16:39 (071284)

Judy, thanks for the vote of confidence!

paula on 1/25/02 at 16:44 (071289)

good luck. keep us posted.

Pam B on 1/27/02 at 19:19 (071564)

I wish you much luck......I too am having surgery for PF and spur excision on 2/6......I know this pain is one of the worst I have ever dealt with......there have been times over the past eight years where I have literally had to crawl as I have it in both feet......best of luck to you and keep us posted........I am sure I dont speak alone here when I say we are all praying for you........take care

JudyS on 1/25/02 at 13:26 (071274)

Gail, this sounds like a really positive step to me! Good for you for being decisive and assertive. I'll bet your healing will progress nicely with such a positive attitude as yours!

Gail B. on 1/25/02 at 16:39 (071284)

Judy, thanks for the vote of confidence!

paula on 1/25/02 at 16:44 (071289)

good luck. keep us posted.

Pam B on 1/27/02 at 19:19 (071564)

I wish you much luck......I too am having surgery for PF and spur excision on 2/6......I know this pain is one of the worst I have ever dealt with......there have been times over the past eight years where I have literally had to crawl as I have it in both feet......best of luck to you and keep us posted........I am sure I dont speak alone here when I say we are all praying for you........take care