Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Planter fascia-Can it go back to where it was before surgery?

Posted by Tracey A on 1/25/02 at 21:27 (071328)

Doctors,
Can the planter fascia become inflammed again after having 2 surgeries for planter release? I just had 3rd surgery for Tarsal Tunnel in Nov. and I am in P.T. and he told me that my planter fascia was very tight and painful to the touch. Still have feeling of rock in heel and he said he could feel something in the heel. I need input.
Thank-you Tracey A.

Re: Planter fascia-Can it go back to where it was before surgery?

DR Zuckerman on 1/27/02 at 09:55 (071510)

This is difficult to determine without an examination. The plantar fascia
can be painful and feel tight due to the swelling post TTS surgery. The TTS surgery is going to take alot of time before any benefit is seen. It the pf is painful don't have the Physical Therapist touch that area yet

Re: PLANTAR FASCIA RELEASE

GAIL on 1/28/02 at 15:29 (071645)

I AM CURRENTLY IN A FIBERGLASS CAST TO HELP THE PAIN AND SWELLING I AM EXPERIENCING FROM PR AND HEELP SPURS. PER MY PHYSICIAN, SURGERY IS THE NEXT STEP IF THIS DOES NOT HELP. I AM WONDERING HOWEVER IF THE PF & HEEL SPURS HAVE A HIGH INCIDENCE OF RECURRING. I CERTAINLY DON'T WANT TO GO THROUGH THE SURGERY AND HAVE IT COME BACK. WHAT IS YOUR VIEW OF THIS? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE.

DR Zuckerman on 1/28/02 at 15:59 (071650)

Hi

Thd incident of reoccurrence after pf release is low. The complication rate with the surgery can be very serious but it still low. ESWT is the revolutionary procedure that is an option instead of invasive plantar fascia release. ESWT used shockwaves to heal the damage plantar fascia. We have used it very sucessfully over the past two years.

Tracey A on 1/29/02 at 23:06 (071884)

Doctor Z,
This is my 2nd week in therapy and I really like the therapist. He said when he pushes on my heel he feels a knot. I feel like I'm walking on a rock. I have felt this since the first surgery (6/7/00)and the second surgery (9/12/00) and now my third surgery(11/01/01). First 2 were planter release the latest was TTS. My question is why does he feel gravel like stuff in the bottom of my foot? I also have had lots of burning and pain across the top of the foot, it feels like I broke the top of the foot, do what could be causing this pain? I go back to my doctor after I finish P.T.(couple of weeks). Any input would be helpful!!!!!

Tracey A.

Re: Planter fascia-Can it go back to where it was before surgery?

DR Zuckerman on 1/27/02 at 09:55 (071510)

This is difficult to determine without an examination. The plantar fascia
can be painful and feel tight due to the swelling post TTS surgery. The TTS surgery is going to take alot of time before any benefit is seen. It the pf is painful don't have the Physical Therapist touch that area yet

GAIL on 1/28/02 at 15:29 (071645)

I AM CURRENTLY IN A FIBERGLASS CAST TO HELP THE PAIN AND SWELLING I AM EXPERIENCING FROM PR AND HEELP SPURS. PER MY PHYSICIAN, SURGERY IS THE NEXT STEP IF THIS DOES NOT HELP. I AM WONDERING HOWEVER IF THE PF & HEEL SPURS HAVE A HIGH INCIDENCE OF RECURRING. I CERTAINLY DON'T WANT TO GO THROUGH THE SURGERY AND HAVE IT COME BACK. WHAT IS YOUR VIEW OF THIS? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE.

DR Zuckerman on 1/28/02 at 15:59 (071650)

Hi

Thd incident of reoccurrence after pf release is low. The complication rate with the surgery can be very serious but it still low. ESWT is the revolutionary procedure that is an option instead of invasive plantar fascia release. ESWT used shockwaves to heal the damage plantar fascia. We have used it very sucessfully over the past two years.

Tracey A on 1/29/02 at 23:06 (071884)

Doctor Z,
This is my 2nd week in therapy and I really like the therapist. He said when he pushes on my heel he feels a knot. I feel like I'm walking on a rock. I have felt this since the first surgery (6/7/00)and the second surgery (9/12/00) and now my third surgery(11/01/01). First 2 were planter release the latest was TTS. My question is why does he feel gravel like stuff in the bottom of my foot? I also have had lots of burning and pain across the top of the foot, it feels like I broke the top of the foot, do what could be causing this pain? I go back to my doctor after I finish P.T.(couple of weeks). Any input would be helpful!!!!!

Tracey A.