Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Hi , I am still here ...

Posted by Laurie R on 1/28/02 at 08:59 (071607)

Hi to Everyone , I have been doing a lot of reading and less posting . I read the boards everyday ... I want to thank all of you for always keeping me in your thoughts .... To me when things get bad and the pain is up , the kind words here really make a big difference ... As always I have drama going on with my Worker's comp insurance company ... Last week they decided to cut me off of all my medical treatment .... This means no biofeedback till things get all worked out between my attorney and WC. I was really upset , then I said , I have done all I can do and I put it aside for now .. This happens to a lot of people on WC . I feel it is a power play ....

I called my Pod to let him know . He was very upset as he did not understand what they were doing . So he called my attorney to see what he could do to help out. This also means my surgery is on hold for now . I will be honest , I was very upset , then I thought maybe their is a reason all this is happening right now .

Through biofeedback I have learned that you can't spend to much time worry about things that our out of your control..

I did see my Pain doctor and he said he would still do needed treatment on a lein . But for now I think I may have had enough spinal injections for a while ... My last one about a week and a half ago lasted 7 days . So for me it is not worth all I have to go through to have another one anytime soon .

Like my Pod told me , we still have a plan it is just not going to happen when we wanted. I can not even go for the second opinion...

Everything will get approved ,but now it is up to the courts . My attorney had to get letters from both of my doctors then she had to do a letter and set a court date for a judge to appove my medical treatment ...

Last Wed when I found out this happened , I spent the whole day on the phone trying to get it all taken care of .. Then I felt I was spending to much time dealing with this and getting little done ... This is why I have an attorney and she will take care of it ..

To some this makes no sence ,but believe me I have done all I can do for now. I will not give up nor will I let them get the best of me ... It really is not anything new , I have had to wait from the start of things..

My pain level is high , but with stress it makes it highier , so I am learning to relax and go with the flow , getting myself all worked up does nothing for me and makes me crazy ....

I am so tired of always saying I am in pain , this is why I have not posted in a while ..... I do read the boards everyday ... I have to say some of the stuff has been really funny ..

I will also say I have no idea where I would be without the wonderful support I have gotten here ... Thank you everyone ....

Everyone here is in my prayers .....

Much love ,Laurie R

Re: Hi , I am still here ...

Suzanne D on 1/28/02 at 14:43 (071638)

I am so sorry, Laurie, that the WC chose to cut you off from medical treatment and am in hopes that your attorney can speed through things to get help for you again! That is such a shame to have the surgery on hold after all you have been through.

Once again, I feel at a loss and frustrated wanting to help and being sorry for your situation. I would like to be able to do something for you besides letting you know that I am thinking of you! But you said you read the boards each day and that it DOES help, so I want to tell you again that you are in my prayers.

I am pulling for you, Laurie! God bless you.

Janet C. on 1/28/02 at 15:05 (071641)

Dear Laurie,

I like your attitude! You've done all you can.... now, you just have to wait until everything falls into place. And I believe it will - at the right time, in the right way, and by the right Dr. You've developed a wonderful sense of patience, which I really admire!

Sending you Love and Prayers ~ Janet

BrianG on 1/28/02 at 16:35 (071656)

Hi Laurie,

Now I realize why my doctor never pushed me to get spinals. He told me that for a great many patients, the pain relief is short lived. If you are seeing a pain doc, why isn't he taking care of your pain with oral meds? I know they are many 'pain clinics' that will give you block after block, as this is where the big money is, when insurance is involved. No one makes much money when he writes a simple script.

Just wondering if this is what's happening with you? If I can be of any help on the 'pain issues', just give me a shout. Glad you have a lawyer to take some of the pressure off you. But, isn't it a shame we need lawyers, when all we really need is some quality medical help. Good luck

BCG, (email removed)

Necee on 1/28/02 at 18:11 (071690)

Take care Laurie and hang in there. Try to keep the stress out of your life, I know its hard to do with everything going on. It will all work out I just know it will, I'm still praying for you!!
Keep us all posted here.
Love,
Necee

Laurie R on 1/28/02 at 19:00 (071704)

Hi Brian , Thanks for your reply , you are like me I believe in pain meds. Thier was a time when I would not take them , then my hubby said you are in so much pain why do you suffer like that , he would tell me over and over to take the meds.. Well one day I was in so much pain and I did take the meds. No it did not take the pain away , but it did help to take the edge off ... I do take pain meds everyday now ... Also another med for my anxiety , which has helped so much ...

Yes I do go to pain management , my pain doctor wanted to put me on the Fentanyl patch . I told him no for right now , the reason being is that type of med I feel is to strong for me. I have two children that I have to take care of . I need to drive my kids to school and pick them up ... I just could not try a med like that right now ... But I can if I want at a later date .... He is the one that offered it to me . My pain doc is not afraid to give out pain meds if they are needed . It was me ...

I will agree with you on the injections so far.. So far for me , they have not lasted for more then 10 days of the RSD pain relief .. Don't get me wrong I welcomed the relief even if it was short lived ... It gets to the point sometimes that the pain is off the hook and nothing helps ...

Thank you for offering to help with the pain issues , you have always been so wonderful with that ... How are you feeling Brian , any word on your SSI? I am still praying for you , I think you and I are on the same plan right now , the ' waiting plan ' .

Thank you to everyone that replyed to me , you all are very special to me ... And to my very specail angel Janet , you are the best :) , I hope you are not in to much pain today and I hope you got some sleep ...

I want you all to know that your kind words mean so much to me , it is what gets me through each and everyday , with this pain....

Like I said I will not give up or give in .....

Much love to all ,Laurie R

Suzanne D on 1/28/02 at 14:43 (071638)

I am so sorry, Laurie, that the WC chose to cut you off from medical treatment and am in hopes that your attorney can speed through things to get help for you again! That is such a shame to have the surgery on hold after all you have been through.

Once again, I feel at a loss and frustrated wanting to help and being sorry for your situation. I would like to be able to do something for you besides letting you know that I am thinking of you! But you said you read the boards each day and that it DOES help, so I want to tell you again that you are in my prayers.

I am pulling for you, Laurie! God bless you.

Janet C. on 1/28/02 at 15:05 (071641)

Dear Laurie,

I like your attitude! You've done all you can.... now, you just have to wait until everything falls into place. And I believe it will - at the right time, in the right way, and by the right Dr. You've developed a wonderful sense of patience, which I really admire!

Sending you Love and Prayers ~ Janet

BrianG on 1/28/02 at 16:35 (071656)

Hi Laurie,

Now I realize why my doctor never pushed me to get spinals. He told me that for a great many patients, the pain relief is short lived. If you are seeing a pain doc, why isn't he taking care of your pain with oral meds? I know they are many 'pain clinics' that will give you block after block, as this is where the big money is, when insurance is involved. No one makes much money when he writes a simple script.

Just wondering if this is what's happening with you? If I can be of any help on the 'pain issues', just give me a shout. Glad you have a lawyer to take some of the pressure off you. But, isn't it a shame we need lawyers, when all we really need is some quality medical help. Good luck

BCG, (email removed)

Necee on 1/28/02 at 18:11 (071690)

Take care Laurie and hang in there. Try to keep the stress out of your life, I know its hard to do with everything going on. It will all work out I just know it will, I'm still praying for you!!
Keep us all posted here.
Love,
Necee

Laurie R on 1/28/02 at 19:00 (071704)

Hi Brian , Thanks for your reply , you are like me I believe in pain meds. Thier was a time when I would not take them , then my hubby said you are in so much pain why do you suffer like that , he would tell me over and over to take the meds.. Well one day I was in so much pain and I did take the meds. No it did not take the pain away , but it did help to take the edge off ... I do take pain meds everyday now ... Also another med for my anxiety , which has helped so much ...

Yes I do go to pain management , my pain doctor wanted to put me on the Fentanyl patch . I told him no for right now , the reason being is that type of med I feel is to strong for me. I have two children that I have to take care of . I need to drive my kids to school and pick them up ... I just could not try a med like that right now ... But I can if I want at a later date .... He is the one that offered it to me . My pain doc is not afraid to give out pain meds if they are needed . It was me ...

I will agree with you on the injections so far.. So far for me , they have not lasted for more then 10 days of the RSD pain relief .. Don't get me wrong I welcomed the relief even if it was short lived ... It gets to the point sometimes that the pain is off the hook and nothing helps ...

Thank you for offering to help with the pain issues , you have always been so wonderful with that ... How are you feeling Brian , any word on your SSI? I am still praying for you , I think you and I are on the same plan right now , the ' waiting plan ' .

Thank you to everyone that replyed to me , you all are very special to me ... And to my very specail angel Janet , you are the best :) , I hope you are not in to much pain today and I hope you got some sleep ...

I want you all to know that your kind words mean so much to me , it is what gets me through each and everyday , with this pain....

Like I said I will not give up or give in .....

Much love to all ,Laurie R