Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

...finding out flu is something like PF!

Posted by Suzanne D on 1/28/02 at 14:53 (071640)

Hello, friends! I'll whine just a minute here. I thought I was over the flu - or whatever virus I had a week ago - and then last night it seemed that I was 'hit' by another wave! I really don't feel well - all stopped up and aching. No sore throat this time, but pretty miserable. Well, I got that out now! Thanks for listening.

It did make me think of how it relates to PF: just when you think you're improving, and maybe push too much...

Hope all of you are having a good day! It is 'too warm' for January here! I have noticed that in the years in which we don't have consistently cold weather in January and February, we have a much higher incidence of absences at school. I don't know if the old saying about 'needing cold weather to kill the germs' is really accurate, but there does seem to be a connection! Wendy, I guess if that's true, you all should be free of all illnesses with your temperatures! :-)

Re: ...finding out flu is something like PF!

Carole C in NOLA on 1/28/02 at 17:25 (071677)

{{{{Suzanne}}}} What a crummy thing to have happen to you. Maybe your resistance was down so you got another bug, or a repeat edition of the same one. I'm so sorry to hear that! Nothing worse than the flu. I don't think even PF is worse (though I haven't had the flu this year, so you would know better than me).

It is very warm here too. I went grocery shopping on my way home from work, and it seemed hot and sticky when I was bringing in the groceries. I'm sure my low fat no sugar added ice cream sandwiches are melted.

Take care, and I hope you can stay home until you regain your strength. You are right that you need to be careful not to push yourself too much, so you don't get pneumonia or some other complication. On the bright side, any time spent at home in bed will be time off your feet.

I think what we all need is about two months lying on a tropical beach with our feet up, with waiters bringing us non-fattening food and drinks, and buckets of ice for our feet or for champagne... soothing music, lots of night blooming jasmine lotion massages, and no stress. That would cure not only your flu, but it would substantially help most of our feet! Too bad most of us just can't do that.

New Orleans is beginning to fill up with those who can afford anything. They are here for the Mardi Gras and the Superbowl events to occur here next week. I never saw a uniformed chauffeur in my neighborhood before. LOL

Carole C

Suzanne D on 1/29/02 at 13:00 (071797)

Thank you, Carole, for caring! I went to the dr. this morning and now have 3 medications for a sinus infection. Evidently the lingering stuffines from the flu lead into this. I do feel pretty rough, and I am planning to take another day or two off from school. People who know me well know that I have to be pretty sick to not care whether I go to school or not! I usually keep pushing...

Yes, that louging on the beach sounds pretty good right about now! :-)

Uniformed chauffeurs! Wow! Sounds like a great deal of excitement is heading into your part of the country.

Take care!
Suzanne

Carole C in NOLA on 1/28/02 at 17:25 (071677)

{{{{Suzanne}}}} What a crummy thing to have happen to you. Maybe your resistance was down so you got another bug, or a repeat edition of the same one. I'm so sorry to hear that! Nothing worse than the flu. I don't think even PF is worse (though I haven't had the flu this year, so you would know better than me).

It is very warm here too. I went grocery shopping on my way home from work, and it seemed hot and sticky when I was bringing in the groceries. I'm sure my low fat no sugar added ice cream sandwiches are melted.

Take care, and I hope you can stay home until you regain your strength. You are right that you need to be careful not to push yourself too much, so you don't get pneumonia or some other complication. On the bright side, any time spent at home in bed will be time off your feet.

I think what we all need is about two months lying on a tropical beach with our feet up, with waiters bringing us non-fattening food and drinks, and buckets of ice for our feet or for champagne... soothing music, lots of night blooming jasmine lotion massages, and no stress. That would cure not only your flu, but it would substantially help most of our feet! Too bad most of us just can't do that.

New Orleans is beginning to fill up with those who can afford anything. They are here for the Mardi Gras and the Superbowl events to occur here next week. I never saw a uniformed chauffeur in my neighborhood before. LOL

Carole C

Suzanne D on 1/29/02 at 13:00 (071797)

Thank you, Carole, for caring! I went to the dr. this morning and now have 3 medications for a sinus infection. Evidently the lingering stuffines from the flu lead into this. I do feel pretty rough, and I am planning to take another day or two off from school. People who know me well know that I have to be pretty sick to not care whether I go to school or not! I usually keep pushing...

Yes, that louging on the beach sounds pretty good right about now! :-)

Uniformed chauffeurs! Wow! Sounds like a great deal of excitement is heading into your part of the country.

Take care!
Suzanne