Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

achilles tendonitis

Posted by paula on 1/29/02 at 10:25 (071780)

well it;s only been one day but the eccentric exercisees adn the icing seems to havve helped my pain. ok, ok, way too soon to know. for those curious, i went to google and found all these articles and protocols for it. i did not like the site that had people hang their heel off a curb. that looked way too much to me. so i devised my own very careful moderate eccentric exercise for my tendon. well. first day in a while i've been in a lot less pain. we'll see. the study about eccentric exercise and tendonitis was interesting and if i knew anything about computers i'd have it in blue and people could click it but it's hard enuf for me to just type:)

Re: Computer lesson

Julie on 1/29/02 at 10:41 (071785)

Paula, I'm not sure what computer you have. What I do when I want to post a link is highlight and copy the web address when I'm viewing the site or page itself, and then copy it into my post. I use a Mac. I don't know if pcs work in a similar way.

You are very wise not to hang your heels off a curb. Please be awfully careful with any weight-bearing exercise.

paula on 1/29/02 at 11:50 (071789)

thanks julie.

Re: What is eccentric exercise? Do you mean isometric?

Beverly on 1/30/02 at 12:08 (071938)

Paula,

I've noticed several times you call your PT exercises 'eccentric exercise'? Could you explain what that is? I'm wondering if you mean isometric or if eccentric is another word for isometric?

Thanks,
Beverly

paula on 1/31/02 at 13:15 (072085)

go to google type in eccentric exercise. i'll explain later when i have more time but the articles there are better. if you have achilles tendonitis type that in too. there's a good study about it.

Julie on 1/29/02 at 10:41 (071785)

Paula, I'm not sure what computer you have. What I do when I want to post a link is highlight and copy the web address when I'm viewing the site or page itself, and then copy it into my post. I use a Mac. I don't know if pcs work in a similar way.

You are very wise not to hang your heels off a curb. Please be awfully careful with any weight-bearing exercise.

paula on 1/29/02 at 11:50 (071789)

thanks julie.

Beverly on 1/30/02 at 12:08 (071938)

Paula,

I've noticed several times you call your PT exercises 'eccentric exercise'? Could you explain what that is? I'm wondering if you mean isometric or if eccentric is another word for isometric?

Thanks,
Beverly

paula on 1/31/02 at 13:15 (072085)

go to google type in eccentric exercise. i'll explain later when i have more time but the articles there are better. if you have achilles tendonitis type that in too. there's a good study about it.