Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Birkenstock Website

Posted by Danielle L. on 1/29/02 at 10:28 (071781)

I ordered two pair of shoes through this site in mid Nov. 2001 and admit the pricing was very good. I opted for the free shipping, which they said, took approx. 4 weeks. I just received the shoes which took over 9 weeks to arrive (I am in the U.S.). I sent three e-mails to two different e-mail addresses regarding the fact that I had not received them after about six weeks with no response from anyone.

The sandals I ordered arrived in good shape. The shoes I ordered were very scuffed up, I assume from bouncing around in a box for 9 weeks. I would recommend to anyone trying this site to definitely pay for the air shipping, but also try and get a contact phone # before placing the order so that if something goes wrong you have a method of contacting them. My experience was they do not respond to their e-mail.

Danielle L.

Re: different experience...

Suzanne D on 1/29/02 at 13:12 (071802)

I'm sorry you had such luck with your shoes, Danielle. I ordered a pair in September from the German site and received an e-mail in just a day or so telling me that the shoes were still in production. I was told that I would be informed by e-mail when they were ready to be shipped and given the choice again as to whether or not I wanted the air or ground shipping. Just as they promised, in about 3 weeks, I received such an e-mail. I responded that I would like for them to be sent by air (since it had taken the extra time in the factory). They e-mailed back to let me know they received that and e-mailed again the day they left Germany.

I also e-mailed a question to them about shoe material Saturday and had an answer within a few hours.

I do hope you like your shoes and that they help you!

cindyp on 1/29/02 at 16:23 (071830)

do they not offer a hard copy of the catalogue anymore would love to have one but cannot find a link.

Re: catalog...

Suzanne D on 1/29/02 at 16:57 (071833)

I got a catalog at a Birkenstock store in Louisville, KY back in August when I bought my first pair. I haven't seen a place on the internet where one can be obtained, but others may have.

Do I remember correctly that you posted about a good dr. in Louisville? I live about an hour south of Louisville and got my catalog at the Birkenstock Spot - on Shelbyville Road. I understand they just opened last spring, so they might not be in listings for stores which you have seen.

If you live near there and want me to, I can look up the exact address of the store. They gave me a business card.

Re: Birkenstock Website

Jackie S on 1/29/02 at 19:03 (071856)

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with the German Birkenstock site. I've had just the opposite. Since I've started reading this site a couple of months ago I've ordered four pairs without one problem. Three pairs I ordered using free shipping, each time my shoes arrived in about five or six weeks in perfect condition. One pair I added the extra shipping - those came in about 3 weeks (I don't remember what it was called, but it wasn't the fastest shipping option) and this pair was also in perfect condition.

One time they did not have the shoes I wanted in stock. They let me know right away and we communicated back and forth by e-mail without any problem.

Oh, they also sent me a little Christmas card with an order I received in December.

Jackie

cindyp on 1/29/02 at 22:20 (071877)

you live in the same neighborhood i do don't ya. yeah i would appreciate an address. i have one pair but would love more. the selection in town is kinda limited.

Julie on 1/30/02 at 02:47 (071889)

If the shoes were damaged when they arrived, Danielle, I suggest you ask them to take them back and give you a refund.

I have always found them very helpful when I've had queries, and have had replies to emails by return. So I think you were just unlucky. Give them another try!

Re: Here's the store address...

Suzanne D on 1/30/02 at 08:22 (071905)

Hi, Cindy! Here's the information on the Birkenstock shoe store in Louisville that is on the card they gave me:

The Birkenstock Spot
at Richlawn Centre
4129 Shelbyville Road
Louisville, KY 40207

phone: 502-894-8123

Lynda S. on 1/30/02 at 11:32 (071936)

Danielle:
I also ordered a pair of Birkenstocks from this site early November and received them a couple of weeks ago. As they were a Christmas present to me from someone and I assumed others were doing the same, I really didn't expect them any sooner than I got them. I didn't try e-mailing them. I also took the free shipping. They arrived fine and I love them. Maybe, you just had bad luck. I ordered a pair of the Arizonas and at $40 compared to $89 in the catalogue, was willing to wait.

Lynda

Re: Birk address...

Sally A. on 2/02/02 at 22:42 (072368)

I requested a catalog off of this website:

birkenstockexpress.com listed 800#: 1-800-451-1459

Got the catalog pretty fast and if you order they will link your order to the closest exclusively Birkenstock store to you. My order was directed to Renee's in WVa. (3-4 hours away.) Got my clogs, as they had them in stock, in just several days paying by credit card!

Some good information in the catalog is at the beginning where it explains the different types of foot beds. This information may help you with your decision making.

I swear by these shoes and they are the only thing I now wear. The pain is gone, the limp is gone, the secondary hip pain is gone, my hunched posture is gone, the inability to walk any distance is gone....I have the activity of my life back!! Injections, nsaids, custom medical orthotics, etc...were never any real help. This footwear may cost more than what I am used to paying for shoes but if I were to add up the cost of all the gazillion pairs of shoes in my closet that I can't wear....I gladly would trade them all for one pair of Birkenstocks!! Corny or not, that is sincerely how I feel.

Suzanne D on 2/03/02 at 08:07 (072392)

Thank you, Sally!! I will call this number to request a catalog. And, I am so glad to hear how well you are doing! I agree with you that wearing Birkenstocks has made more of a difference in my PF than any other single thing. And, you know, speaking of your hip pain being gone, I have been noticing that the lower back pain which I have had off and on for 10 years appears to be gone! Perhaps my 'walking wrong' has been a cause of many problems, and these shoes seem to straighten that out.

Continued good luck to you! Again, thanks for posting this number.

Suzanne D on 1/29/02 at 13:12 (071802)

I'm sorry you had such luck with your shoes, Danielle. I ordered a pair in September from the German site and received an e-mail in just a day or so telling me that the shoes were still in production. I was told that I would be informed by e-mail when they were ready to be shipped and given the choice again as to whether or not I wanted the air or ground shipping. Just as they promised, in about 3 weeks, I received such an e-mail. I responded that I would like for them to be sent by air (since it had taken the extra time in the factory). They e-mailed back to let me know they received that and e-mailed again the day they left Germany.

I also e-mailed a question to them about shoe material Saturday and had an answer within a few hours.

I do hope you like your shoes and that they help you!

cindyp on 1/29/02 at 16:23 (071830)

do they not offer a hard copy of the catalogue anymore would love to have one but cannot find a link.

Suzanne D on 1/29/02 at 16:57 (071833)

I got a catalog at a Birkenstock store in Louisville, KY back in August when I bought my first pair. I haven't seen a place on the internet where one can be obtained, but others may have.

Do I remember correctly that you posted about a good dr. in Louisville? I live about an hour south of Louisville and got my catalog at the Birkenstock Spot - on Shelbyville Road. I understand they just opened last spring, so they might not be in listings for stores which you have seen.

If you live near there and want me to, I can look up the exact address of the store. They gave me a business card.

Jackie S on 1/29/02 at 19:03 (071856)

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with the German Birkenstock site. I've had just the opposite. Since I've started reading this site a couple of months ago I've ordered four pairs without one problem. Three pairs I ordered using free shipping, each time my shoes arrived in about five or six weeks in perfect condition. One pair I added the extra shipping - those came in about 3 weeks (I don't remember what it was called, but it wasn't the fastest shipping option) and this pair was also in perfect condition.

One time they did not have the shoes I wanted in stock. They let me know right away and we communicated back and forth by e-mail without any problem.

Oh, they also sent me a little Christmas card with an order I received in December.

Jackie

cindyp on 1/29/02 at 22:20 (071877)

you live in the same neighborhood i do don't ya. yeah i would appreciate an address. i have one pair but would love more. the selection in town is kinda limited.

Julie on 1/30/02 at 02:47 (071889)

If the shoes were damaged when they arrived, Danielle, I suggest you ask them to take them back and give you a refund.

I have always found them very helpful when I've had queries, and have had replies to emails by return. So I think you were just unlucky. Give them another try!

Re: Here's the store address...

Suzanne D on 1/30/02 at 08:22 (071905)

Hi, Cindy! Here's the information on the Birkenstock shoe store in Louisville that is on the card they gave me:

The Birkenstock Spot
at Richlawn Centre
4129 Shelbyville Road
Louisville, KY 40207

phone: 502-894-8123

Lynda S. on 1/30/02 at 11:32 (071936)

Danielle:
I also ordered a pair of Birkenstocks from this site early November and received them a couple of weeks ago. As they were a Christmas present to me from someone and I assumed others were doing the same, I really didn't expect them any sooner than I got them. I didn't try e-mailing them. I also took the free shipping. They arrived fine and I love them. Maybe, you just had bad luck. I ordered a pair of the Arizonas and at $40 compared to $89 in the catalogue, was willing to wait.

Lynda

Sally A. on 2/02/02 at 22:42 (072368)

I requested a catalog off of this website:

birkenstockexpress.com listed 800#: 1-800-451-1459

Got the catalog pretty fast and if you order they will link your order to the closest exclusively Birkenstock store to you. My order was directed to Renee's in WVa. (3-4 hours away.) Got my clogs, as they had them in stock, in just several days paying by credit card!

Some good information in the catalog is at the beginning where it explains the different types of foot beds. This information may help you with your decision making.

I swear by these shoes and they are the only thing I now wear. The pain is gone, the limp is gone, the secondary hip pain is gone, my hunched posture is gone, the inability to walk any distance is gone....I have the activity of my life back!! Injections, nsaids, custom medical orthotics, etc...were never any real help. This footwear may cost more than what I am used to paying for shoes but if I were to add up the cost of all the gazillion pairs of shoes in my closet that I can't wear....I gladly would trade them all for one pair of Birkenstocks!! Corny or not, that is sincerely how I feel.

Suzanne D on 2/03/02 at 08:07 (072392)

Thank you, Sally!! I will call this number to request a catalog. And, I am so glad to hear how well you are doing! I agree with you that wearing Birkenstocks has made more of a difference in my PF than any other single thing. And, you know, speaking of your hip pain being gone, I have been noticing that the lower back pain which I have had off and on for 10 years appears to be gone! Perhaps my 'walking wrong' has been a cause of many problems, and these shoes seem to straighten that out.

Continued good luck to you! Again, thanks for posting this number.