Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

hints for dealing with nerve entrapment , mentally, physically

Posted by KerryR on 1/29/02 at 12:59 (071796)

I'm trying to get support from anyone who has dealt with chronic foot problems. It seems like everywhere I go people have an easy time walking on their feet, not me. I've been a runner for 20 years but haven't ran in almost 3 years. I started with plantar fasciatis and eventually developed a nerve entrapment of the tibial nerve. I've had two sets of orthotics made and have a great deal of difficulty wearing them comfortably everyday. Is this normal? Do I just need to ride it out a little longer? Any suggestions?

Re: hints for dealing with nerve entrapment , mentally, physically

john h on 1/29/02 at 13:55 (071813)

Kerry you will read about many people who developed other problems as a result of PF. Many of us were runners. You bet PF will drain you physically and mentally as well as be very painful. Start by reading Scott's book on this board and start interacting on this board. Go back and read as many of the post as you can. There is a search engine on the board to search this site for nerve entrapment,PF, etc. Continue to hang around this board and you will discover a large number of things you probably have not tried and which have worked for others. This is the best site on the internet for PF so stick here and soak it all in and ask your questions. WE have a few good doctors who specialize in feet and they give of their time to answer question. Good luch. The journey has began.

Re: Kerry

wendyn on 1/29/02 at 18:55 (071854)

Kerry - you have come to the right place!!!!!

Welcome, can you tell us a bit of your story first?

What tests you've had done, what you find that helps?

Don't want to suggest things you've already tried a hundred times....!

Re: hints for dealing with nerve entrapment , mentally, physically

john h on 1/29/02 at 13:55 (071813)

Kerry you will read about many people who developed other problems as a result of PF. Many of us were runners. You bet PF will drain you physically and mentally as well as be very painful. Start by reading Scott's book on this board and start interacting on this board. Go back and read as many of the post as you can. There is a search engine on the board to search this site for nerve entrapment,PF, etc. Continue to hang around this board and you will discover a large number of things you probably have not tried and which have worked for others. This is the best site on the internet for PF so stick here and soak it all in and ask your questions. WE have a few good doctors who specialize in feet and they give of their time to answer question. Good luch. The journey has began.

Re: Kerry

wendyn on 1/29/02 at 18:55 (071854)

Kerry - you have come to the right place!!!!!

Welcome, can you tell us a bit of your story first?

What tests you've had done, what you find that helps?

Don't want to suggest things you've already tried a hundred times....!