Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Burning, Tingling and Aching Feet

Posted by LorieB on 1/29/02 at 19:21 (071861)

I am about at my wit's end with my current problem. I hope that you can offer some insight.

About 3 months ago I developed heel pain on my right foot. I had plantar facitis years ago and resolved itself. I immediately went to a podiatrist and he found a heel spur on the right foot . I received a cortisone injection, tape and physical therapy. It still was not a 100%, and after the first PT bill I found another podiatrist. < I failed to mention that I also received orthotics that only made my feet feel worse., of which cost me about 325.00>.

The next podiatrist gave me another cortisone shot and suggested there *proven* orthotics. Since I do not have another $400.00 laying around, I have opted for heel lifts that you can buy over the counter.

However; this is not my current problem! I have developed burning, aching, tingling problems in both my feet. I told my Podiatrist about this and have been referre to a neurologist. I had an EMG to rule out peripheal neuropathy am scheduled for a Brain MRI , and will follow up with a complete blood work up. I may mention that I am currently under the care of a hematologist/oncologist who is monitoring me due to spikes in my white blood counts. Nothing has suggested that there is any systematic disease going on.

I really would like your educated opinion on this very frustrating situation I am dealing with. I would like to be able to walk, and rest without constant problems associated with my feet.

I apologize for the length of this and I *do* thank you in advance. PS. The neuro put me on Mirapex without any help, his intial thought was 'restless leg syndrome'??

Re: Burning, Tingling and Aching Feet

DR Zuckerman on 1/29/02 at 19:27 (071862)

So they have ruled out peripheral neuropathy and any tarsal tunnel involvement? Tell me about you daily activities. Are you on your feet alot. Why was the restless leg syndrome diagnosis given to you. I would go for the power step insert that you can buy for less then $40 dollars on this web site. They have a return money back policy. Give me some more information

LorieB on 1/29/02 at 19:35 (071864)

I apologize as it seems some of my post has been left out. Thank you for writing.

The EMG was normal. There has not to my recollection been a mention to Tarsal Tunnel involvement. As far as the restles keg syndrome, quite honestly your guess is as good as mine. He scheduled me for a Brain MRI, to rule out MS. Blood work as well.

I am needing to work full time and actively searching. I am concerned that with my current disability with my feet--I cannot afford to land employment then have to quit if I can operate physically.

Again, thank you

Lorie

DR Zuckerman on 1/29/02 at 19:27 (071862)

So they have ruled out peripheral neuropathy and any tarsal tunnel involvement? Tell me about you daily activities. Are you on your feet alot. Why was the restless leg syndrome diagnosis given to you. I would go for the power step insert that you can buy for less then $40 dollars on this web site. They have a return money back policy. Give me some more information

LorieB on 1/29/02 at 19:35 (071864)

I apologize as it seems some of my post has been left out. Thank you for writing.

The EMG was normal. There has not to my recollection been a mention to Tarsal Tunnel involvement. As far as the restles keg syndrome, quite honestly your guess is as good as mine. He scheduled me for a Brain MRI, to rule out MS. Blood work as well.

I am needing to work full time and actively searching. I am concerned that with my current disability with my feet--I cannot afford to land employment then have to quit if I can operate physically.

Again, thank you

Lorie