Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

NEW TWIST TO MY DIAGNOSIS

Posted by CatherineL on 1/30/02 at 08:33 (071909)

Dr Z, Dr Ed.

I have had PF for almost 2 yrs now and had an appt with a reumatologist yesterday. He said I may have early stage arthritis and prescribed Doxyclyclyne? 100mg/day for 4 months. Is this the newer way to treat it? If this is the case, should it help me recover from PF?

My injury clinic dr. finally looked for info on ESWT and suggested it as a possibility this summer.
catherine

Re: NEW TWIST TO MY DIAGNOSIS

Carmen H on 2/03/02 at 09:50 (072404)

I am not sure if the 'newest' way to treat is always the best...your doctor may have prescribed the best method for your individual case.
In my own opinion I would get another opinion before accepting and early stage disease diagnosies. Just my thoughts.

Re: NEW TWIST TO MY DIAGNOSIS

Carmen H on 2/03/02 at 09:50 (072404)

I am not sure if the 'newest' way to treat is always the best...your doctor may have prescribed the best method for your individual case.
In my own opinion I would get another opinion before accepting and early stage disease diagnosies. Just my thoughts.