Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Joining the club...

Posted by rich on 1/30/02 at 09:50 (071918)

Good morning everyone. This is my first post to this board. Glad to say I found this site and can't get over the outpouring of support. Sent in my first question to Ask the Doctor last night. Have gone over every inch of the Heel Pain Book. I have to say my doctor encouraged me to go online for more information and it looks like his treatment is in line with most. I thought I was alone in this and it's encouraging to see that most of you are acknowledging a lack of support from family and friends concerning PF. Been suffering six months with left foot and right foot started in December. I trust my doctor (who disagrees with the injections) and have followed his instructions (which are found at this site also). Tried therapy which only helped short term. Best results are from home stretching exercises and icing. I am a 35 year old mother of two energetic girls (6 & 3) and work flexible hours for my husband in our family business. The total rest bit is a joke...nobody understands how intense the pain can be. I find myself staying on my feet because even a short rest intensifies the pain. It goes unsaid, but when you are trying to stay off your feet, everyone else looks at you like you are lazing around. Suppers are quick, house is a mess, haven't seen my mop in awhile. Takes all my energy to do even a little after trucking the kids to school and daycare and working for just a few hours. Thank God I found this site is my thought for today!!

Re: Welcome to the club!

Suzanne D on 1/30/02 at 10:36 (071923)

Good morning, Rich, and welcome to you! I know how you feel: it was - and continues to be - a blessing to me to have found the support and help here.

I also know how you feel in regard to others understanding the long, on-going nature of this malady. 'Your feet STILL hurt?', etc. After awhile, you just don't talk about it too much since it only intensifies your frustration when others don't understand. Instead, you come here and find understanding and good ideas.

Like you, I also have 2 daughters - but they are 20 and 15. The 20 year old is in college, so I'm still 'running' with the 15 year old. I also teach first grade, but I'm home today with a sinus infection following a bout with the flu. (I've decided at this moment that my body is falling apart!) :-)

I developed PF in my left foot the first of June and then in the right foot (although not as severe) in August. I am better, but it is slow going with many set-backs. But I am thankful for the progress I've made and for finding this site!

Best wishes to you in your recovery! :-)

Re: Joining the club...

Laurie R on 1/30/02 at 10:59 (071928)

Hello Rich , And welcome to the board.... Yes you will find the most wonderful support here.... If we can help you in anyway just ask... I also have two daughters , one is 14 and the other is 8 . They can tell anyone what PF is , they have learned along with me all about this foot stuff .... I hope your pain is not bad today .......\

My very best to you ,Laurie R

Pam on 1/30/02 at 11:30 (071935)

I too welcome you Rich.......you wont ever be sorry you found us here.......any one of us is here for you and we surely understand what you are going through......I dont know how you gals with kids do it, mine are grown and dont know how I would handle what you do if they were not.......My oldest lives and home with me an hubby.......the two of them know alot more than they ever wanted to about this crap.......:) if you are looking for support you have come to the right place.......good luck to you and I hope your feet feel a little better today.......

John h on 1/30/02 at 16:35 (071974)

Rich: Welcome. When you finish reading fire away with your questions because you will get answers and suggestions. This is not like Club Med but we do have our days.

Carole C in NOLA on 1/30/02 at 19:01 (071985)

John, does that Club Med remark mean that at last we can all lie on a sandy beach and sip tropical drinks, while resting our PF and watching scantily clad members of the opposite sex cavorting in the surf?

Personally, I think that would be a terrific option for conservative PF treatment. (grin)

Rich, welcome to Club Med, or maybe Club Ped in this case. :)

Carole C

rich on 1/30/02 at 21:19 (072012)

Thanks for all the welcomes! I've never used message boards before...computer geek still learning! :-)

john h on 1/31/02 at 09:16 (072057)

'Club Ped'---Great Carole C.

Kathy G on 2/02/02 at 16:59 (072311)

I really like that, Carole C. We're just a bunch of heels, hanging around, trying to outdo each other with our great feats! Or are they not-so-great feets?

Carole C in NOLA on 2/02/02 at 17:30 (072318)

LOL! You crack me up, Kathy. The members of Club Ped are just a bunch of heels and their not-so-great feets! (grin)

Carole C

Suzanne D on 2/03/02 at 07:23 (072387)

Cute, Kathy and Carole! :-)

Re: Welcome to the club!

Suzanne D on 1/30/02 at 10:36 (071923)

Good morning, Rich, and welcome to you! I know how you feel: it was - and continues to be - a blessing to me to have found the support and help here.

I also know how you feel in regard to others understanding the long, on-going nature of this malady. 'Your feet STILL hurt?', etc. After awhile, you just don't talk about it too much since it only intensifies your frustration when others don't understand. Instead, you come here and find understanding and good ideas.

Like you, I also have 2 daughters - but they are 20 and 15. The 20 year old is in college, so I'm still 'running' with the 15 year old. I also teach first grade, but I'm home today with a sinus infection following a bout with the flu. (I've decided at this moment that my body is falling apart!) :-)

I developed PF in my left foot the first of June and then in the right foot (although not as severe) in August. I am better, but it is slow going with many set-backs. But I am thankful for the progress I've made and for finding this site!

Best wishes to you in your recovery! :-)

Laurie R on 1/30/02 at 10:59 (071928)

Hello Rich , And welcome to the board.... Yes you will find the most wonderful support here.... If we can help you in anyway just ask... I also have two daughters , one is 14 and the other is 8 . They can tell anyone what PF is , they have learned along with me all about this foot stuff .... I hope your pain is not bad today .......\

My very best to you ,Laurie R

Pam on 1/30/02 at 11:30 (071935)

I too welcome you Rich.......you wont ever be sorry you found us here.......any one of us is here for you and we surely understand what you are going through......I dont know how you gals with kids do it, mine are grown and dont know how I would handle what you do if they were not.......My oldest lives and home with me an hubby.......the two of them know alot more than they ever wanted to about this crap.......:) if you are looking for support you have come to the right place.......good luck to you and I hope your feet feel a little better today.......

John h on 1/30/02 at 16:35 (071974)

Rich: Welcome. When you finish reading fire away with your questions because you will get answers and suggestions. This is not like Club Med but we do have our days.

Carole C in NOLA on 1/30/02 at 19:01 (071985)

John, does that Club Med remark mean that at last we can all lie on a sandy beach and sip tropical drinks, while resting our PF and watching scantily clad members of the opposite sex cavorting in the surf?

Personally, I think that would be a terrific option for conservative PF treatment. (grin)

Rich, welcome to Club Med, or maybe Club Ped in this case. :)

Carole C

rich on 1/30/02 at 21:19 (072012)

Thanks for all the welcomes! I've never used message boards before...computer geek still learning! :-)

john h on 1/31/02 at 09:16 (072057)

'Club Ped'---Great Carole C.

Kathy G on 2/02/02 at 16:59 (072311)

I really like that, Carole C. We're just a bunch of heels, hanging around, trying to outdo each other with our great feats! Or are they not-so-great feets?

Carole C in NOLA on 2/02/02 at 17:30 (072318)

LOL! You crack me up, Kathy. The members of Club Ped are just a bunch of heels and their not-so-great feets! (grin)

Carole C

Suzanne D on 2/03/02 at 07:23 (072387)

Cute, Kathy and Carole! :-)