Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Orthotics Question Again

Posted by D.Thomas on 1/31/02 at 12:22 (072079)

I have a quick question for the docs. I starting getting vibration sensations on the inner lower part of my ankles and medial part of my arch of both feet when I was wearing new orthotics. The new orthotics are a 1/2 to 3/4 length hard plastic with a soft cover that goes full length. I told my Pod about it and he told me maybe it was a residual problem from the PF and to ice the areas when I ice the bottom of my feet. Well, it didn't get any better and actually the sensation got worse will I stayed on my feet longer than I should. There is really no pain associated with the vibration, it just can be very annoying. The vibration sensation comes in waves. Like it will go zzzzz (nothing) then zzzzzzz. It seems to calm down when I take my shoes off and elevate them. Sometimes it can take quite a while of elevation before they stop.

Anyway, I went back to him and he said he would lower the prescription and see if that would help. It will take a week to get the orthotics back. So I went back to my old orthotics and the first few days the sensations seemed to be going away but then it came back in only my left inner ankle. Just the lower inner ankle (really it feels like the very bottom of the inner ankle) and not the medial part of my arch at all.

Any ideas on what might be going on and somethings I might want to stay aware of or some things I might want to try? Sometimes I don't know if this is a short phase or I am creating more problems.

Re: Orthotics Question Again

Carmen H on 2/02/02 at 17:58 (072326)

You should post to the docs on the doc board...they may be more apt to see it. good luck!

Re: Orthotics Question Again

Carmen H on 2/02/02 at 17:58 (072326)

You should post to the docs on the doc board...they may be more apt to see it. good luck!