Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

What data has Healthronics collected already?

Posted by Pauline on 1/31/02 at 19:15 (072131)

As part of the FDA approval, Healthronics had to continue to collect long term data. I believe this data is coming from the paperwork the physicians who use the Ossatron must pass along with each treatment. Does anyone know what this data being collected shows and how much has been collected already?

Any idea on total Ossatron treatments to date in the U.S.?

Re: What data has Healthronics collected already?

DR Zuckerman on 1/31/02 at 19:33 (072135)

Good questions . Would love to know the anwser!!

JudyS on 2/01/02 at 11:51 (072179)

Pauline - I was wondering, do you think this would be a matter of public information via the FDA?

John h on 2/11/02 at 17:40 (073377)

It sure is not on their website Judy. Surely Healthtronics by this time must have a ton of stats. I was on a German website today with a wealth of information as they have been doing these procedures for almost 10 years. As you know, the protocol in Europe is for a local done in the doctor's office as opposed to in hospital with anasethic. I still do not get this as the risk with anasthetic plus the associated cost and insurance just flat does not make economic or medical sense to a non professional like me.

DR Zuckerman on 1/31/02 at 19:33 (072135)

Good questions . Would love to know the anwser!!

JudyS on 2/01/02 at 11:51 (072179)

Pauline - I was wondering, do you think this would be a matter of public information via the FDA?

John h on 2/11/02 at 17:40 (073377)

It sure is not on their website Judy. Surely Healthtronics by this time must have a ton of stats. I was on a German website today with a wealth of information as they have been doing these procedures for almost 10 years. As you know, the protocol in Europe is for a local done in the doctor's office as opposed to in hospital with anasethic. I still do not get this as the risk with anasthetic plus the associated cost and insurance just flat does not make economic or medical sense to a non professional like me.