Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

beverly, about your ankle brace?

Posted by nancy s. on 2/02/02 at 16:54 (072308)

bev, i know you're probably posted-out on your ankle brace, but i wasn't paying too much attention and dr. z's reply to you today -- about the importance of continuing to wear it -- caught my eye. as you know, i still have residual PTT, and now that i'm on my feet more, i've just started wondering today once again about ankle braces. (i did wear the stretch kind in the past, when things were worse, but they always ended up cutting off my circulation too much.)

your AFO (or ASO? i can't recall) is a lace-up brace, is that right?
and is it made of canvas? does it have a little hole in the bottom of the heel?

also, can you wear it with birks or just with athletic shoes?

as i'm on my feet more, i'm noticing some strain on those post tib tendons and would like more stability/support for them.

if you recommend yours, do you know where i can get a look at them on the Net?

thanks very much, beverly. i'm sorry if i'm asking you to repeat info you've spread through other posts recently.
nancy

Re: beverly, about your ankle brace?

Beverly on 2/05/02 at 15:04 (072652)

Hi Nancy,

My brace is called an ASO Ankle Stablizer. It has the little hole for your heel. It is canvas. laces up and velcros in three places. I don't know if you could wear it with Birks. I have to wear mine with athletic shoes because I need the support. It does not seem like Birks would give support and your ankle would flop around.
I found mine in a medical supply store.
Good luck,
Beverly

Re: beverly, about your ankle brace?

Beverly on 2/05/02 at 15:04 (072652)

Hi Nancy,

My brace is called an ASO Ankle Stablizer. It has the little hole for your heel. It is canvas. laces up and velcros in three places. I don't know if you could wear it with Birks. I have to wear mine with athletic shoes because I need the support. It does not seem like Birks would give support and your ankle would flop around.
I found mine in a medical supply store.
Good luck,
Beverly