Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

cortisone injections

Posted by Brenda B on 2/03/02 at 13:02 (072427)

I have been diagnosed with plantar faciatis. Four months ago, in October, I was given 3 injections in my right foot and 2 in my left foot. They were very painful and did not seem to help. I was also fitted with orthotics for both feet. As I have very high arches, I was confident the orthotics would help. I wore them everyday, but by January, the pain was continuing to increase, especially in my right foot so I went to my podiatrist again. He gave me another shot of cortisone in my right foot and told me that I should try physical therapy. He reccomended I go 3 times a week for three weeks. I started P.T. where I received ultasound treatments on Mon. and Wed and then I went back to my podiatrist on Thursday. Both feet were hurting so he gave me a shot in each foot. This time I almost fainted from the pain. He put me in the whirlpool until I was able to walk and told me to see him in two weeks. When I drove home I put my feet up. After a while I noticed my feet were swollen in the area of the injection. I called the doctor and he told me to use ice on them until the swelling went down. He also said that as I was having trouble with the the shots that we would discontinue them. This is Sunday and they are still swollen and sore. When I went to P.T. on Friday my thereapist offered to order me a night splint. I knew the shots weren't helping so I said yes. Should I have waited until I could ask my podiatrist?

Re: cortisone injections

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/03/02 at 14:05 (072432)

Hi

You can have pain and swelling from the local steriod injections. At this point and time how are your feet. The nite splint can be helpful. Call your podiatrist if to update him about the nite splint. Enought with the injections. How is the physical therapy helping you. Any improvement.

Re: cortisone injections

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/03/02 at 14:05 (072432)

Hi

You can have pain and swelling from the local steriod injections. At this point and time how are your feet. The nite splint can be helpful. Call your podiatrist if to update him about the nite splint. Enought with the injections. How is the physical therapy helping you. Any improvement.