Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

disability and arthrities of big toe and morton's neuroma

Posted by Steven on 2/03/02 at 15:08 (072447)

I need documentation that arthritis of my toes and morton's neuroma can prevent a chiropractor from his/her duties. I have an own occupational disablity plan and have these conditions as well as other medical problems. Because I am on my feet all day and during certain adjustments to patients have to stand on the tips of my toes and sometimes standing all on one big toe, I cannot do my job properly. The insurance initially approved me and now has cut me off. By not treating patients properly or leaving certain treatments out completely due to my conditions is not practicing 'Within the Standards of Chiropractic Care' and is dangerous to the patient and to myself. My policy is suppose to cover any illness or conditon that prevents me from doing the duties of my profession. Please email me any documentation you have on this. I know Mortons neuroma can be operated on, however one of my other disablities is from another botched up surgery, so I chose not to have another surgery. Arthritis I know is permanent.
Thank you for your time and help!

Dr. Steven D. Katz

Re: disability and arthrities of big toe and morton's neuroma

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/03/02 at 16:07 (072459)

The physical examination by your doctor should confirm the degree and extent of your disability. Can these problems prevent you from walking, standing and doing your job to the standards necessary YES. Will your insurance company fight you to the death over this sounds like they are tying too. As far as journal documentation as to the nature and disability they can cause I don't know of any article that talks about the disability relationship. Have you tried medline search

Re: disability and arthrities of big toe and morton's neuroma

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/03/02 at 16:07 (072459)

The physical examination by your doctor should confirm the degree and extent of your disability. Can these problems prevent you from walking, standing and doing your job to the standards necessary YES. Will your insurance company fight you to the death over this sounds like they are tying too. As far as journal documentation as to the nature and disability they can cause I don't know of any article that talks about the disability relationship. Have you tried medline search