Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

discalced

Posted by paula on 2/03/02 at 18:15 (072476)

i am reading about 16th century spain. there were calced friars (they wore shoes,) and discalced (barefoot). i wonder if the barefoot ones got a lot of plantar fasciitis. the calced friars hated the discalced and tried to kill them. poisoning was a favourite method. fortunately we , on this board, do not hate the barefoot and that is good. because i would consider it a major hassle to have to stretch and warm up my feet and calves whenever i had to go chase down the discalced.

Re: discalced

BG CPed on 2/03/02 at 18:56 (072480)

If you look at some of the worlds best distance runners from Kenya, they compete on concrete city streets during marathons without shoes. Many of them have feet that are flat as a pancake. My guess is that their feet have been abised so much for so long that everything is stretched to the max already

Re: discalced

BG CPed on 2/03/02 at 18:56 (072480)

If you look at some of the worlds best distance runners from Kenya, they compete on concrete city streets during marathons without shoes. Many of them have feet that are flat as a pancake. My guess is that their feet have been abised so much for so long that everything is stretched to the max already