Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Searching for alt. treatments.

Posted by Rich R. on 2/04/02 at 08:45 (072517)

Hi Everyone:

I have been suffering with heal pain caused by spurs for about 3 years now.I have had the usual treatments of injections and icing, streaching
and orthonics (sp?). While the pain always goes away after the injections it always returns with a vengence. I'm 44 and my job requires me the be on my feet on concrete for almost the entire 8 hour work day. Since I have another 20 years to go before retirement would ESWT be a good choice for me? Please help me if you can. I'm on my way out the door to have another set of injections. I will dicuss this option with my doctor.

Thank you
Rich

Re: Searching for alt. treatments.

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/04/02 at 15:25 (072549)

Hi

ESWT is a very good option for someone at who has had all kinds of treatment and still in pain. We have used ESWT for insertional plantar fasciitis with very effective results. If you would like any information please feel free to ask .

Rich R. on 2/05/02 at 06:48 (072611)

Thank you Doctor!

Yes, I would like any information you can send. I spoke with my podiatrist yesterday and she said that she has never done that treatment but has studied about it. I live outside a small town in N.W. Pa. and there is nowhere near here that does ESWT. Can you tell me if perhaps where in Pa. ESWT is performed ? Also, since I am on my feet 8 hours a day on concrete to do my job, can you tell me about how long it will take for me to be able to do my job fully after having ESWT ?

Jenny B on 2/05/02 at 09:57 (072626)

We are located in South Central Pennsylvania - and have been performing ESWT treatments for close to 2 years. Please feel free to contact me
at (email removed).
Thank you.

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/05/02 at 17:52 (072679)

Hi

Most people can resume their job and normal activity however it you are standing eight hours per day and can sit you may have to take some time off from work, but taking time off isn't a must like foot surgery. We have treated patients from over over the country and many will travel to our office for treatment. If you would like an information packet just e-mail Dr. Zuckerman @ (email removed) and we will send you our ESWT packet. If you have any additional question feel free to ask

Dr. Marlene Reid on 2/07/02 at 23:17 (072984)

Its important to evaluate the following things:
Foot type (high arch or flat)
Tight achilles tendon??
Type of orthotics?
Possible misdiagnosis?

The best advise is to judge the new doc by the evaluation and exam he /she gives you.

AnnaB on 2/16/02 at 21:01 (073947)

I had ESWT at Martin Podiatry in York, PA this past summer. It helped a little. I am hoping to have a second treatment soon- understand that this second treatment is often successful for many patients.

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/04/02 at 15:25 (072549)

Hi

ESWT is a very good option for someone at who has had all kinds of treatment and still in pain. We have used ESWT for insertional plantar fasciitis with very effective results. If you would like any information please feel free to ask .

Rich R. on 2/05/02 at 06:48 (072611)

Thank you Doctor!

Yes, I would like any information you can send. I spoke with my podiatrist yesterday and she said that she has never done that treatment but has studied about it. I live outside a small town in N.W. Pa. and there is nowhere near here that does ESWT. Can you tell me if perhaps where in Pa. ESWT is performed ? Also, since I am on my feet 8 hours a day on concrete to do my job, can you tell me about how long it will take for me to be able to do my job fully after having ESWT ?

Jenny B on 2/05/02 at 09:57 (072626)

We are located in South Central Pennsylvania - and have been performing ESWT treatments for close to 2 years. Please feel free to contact me
at (email removed).
Thank you.

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/05/02 at 17:52 (072679)

Hi

Most people can resume their job and normal activity however it you are standing eight hours per day and can sit you may have to take some time off from work, but taking time off isn't a must like foot surgery. We have treated patients from over over the country and many will travel to our office for treatment. If you would like an information packet just e-mail Dr. Zuckerman @ (email removed) and we will send you our ESWT packet. If you have any additional question feel free to ask

Dr. Marlene Reid on 2/07/02 at 23:17 (072984)

Its important to evaluate the following things:
Foot type (high arch or flat)
Tight achilles tendon??
Type of orthotics?
Possible misdiagnosis?

The best advise is to judge the new doc by the evaluation and exam he /she gives you.

AnnaB on 2/16/02 at 21:01 (073947)

I had ESWT at Martin Podiatry in York, PA this past summer. It helped a little. I am hoping to have a second treatment soon- understand that this second treatment is often successful for many patients.