Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel spurs - still in pain after a TTS release

Posted by Shane on 2/04/02 at 15:43 (072552)

I am still having a lot of heel pain after a Tarsal Tunnel Release just over 2 months ago. My Podiatrist now thinks that the underlying pain is Planter Faciatis and heel spurs. I have pain in both heels and wonder what the surgery for heel spurs/planter faciatis is exactly. will I be laid up awhile, is it successful? Any information would be helpful. Thanks.

Re: Heel spurs - still in pain after a TTS release

Pam on 2/04/02 at 19:43 (072578)

Have not had the surgery yet but am going on Wed....I am having the open procedure as I believe it is the best way to go......my doc also agrees.......I know that it will be outpatient surgery and I will be casted for three weeks......I was not supposed to have to use crutches but the doc has decided it will be best if I do......when the cast comes off the stitches will come out and I will then have some type of post op boot for an undetermined period of time as I gradully work my way back into my own shoe.....I know there will be PT but not for a few weeks......I asked about healing time and being able to return to work and my doc told me that best case senerio would be about three months to be feeling and walking better and up to a year worst case scenerio.....I will keep posting here with progress reports regularly......good luck to you.....

Re: Heel spurs - still in pain after a TTS release

Pam on 2/04/02 at 19:43 (072578)

Have not had the surgery yet but am going on Wed....I am having the open procedure as I believe it is the best way to go......my doc also agrees.......I know that it will be outpatient surgery and I will be casted for three weeks......I was not supposed to have to use crutches but the doc has decided it will be best if I do......when the cast comes off the stitches will come out and I will then have some type of post op boot for an undetermined period of time as I gradully work my way back into my own shoe.....I know there will be PT but not for a few weeks......I asked about healing time and being able to return to work and my doc told me that best case senerio would be about three months to be feeling and walking better and up to a year worst case scenerio.....I will keep posting here with progress reports regularly......good luck to you.....