Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Wed is Surgery day

Posted by Pam on 2/04/02 at 19:35 (072577)

Just wanted to thank everyone for all the advice and support you have given to me over these past few months....this site has been a god sent for me.....I am going for surgery Wed for a partial PF Release and Partial Spur Excision....I will be having the open procedure by both mine and my surgeon's choice......I will keep everyone posted on my post op and recovery period.....I am hopeful this will be the answer to an eight year long prayer for me.....special thanks to all the docs who always answer your questions no matter how busy they may be......I am sure I will have some more questions as the healing process continues....thanks again to all of you.....keep me in your prayers as I will have you all in mine....WoooHooo, I think I see light at the end of the tunnel.....I know this surgery is not a cure but I believe it will give me some quality to my life back :) like my doc says, I have only way to go at this point and that way is UP !!!!!!!!!!

Re: Wed is Surgery day

Sarah T. on 2/05/02 at 16:38 (072664)

Best of luck to you Pam! I hope you will do as good as I have. My surgery was 12-21 and I'm wearing regular shoes now! I'm amazed at how good I feel. My foot gets very sore when I've been up a lot but it is really coming along. I know it will continue to get better and I can only hope that you will have as much success as I have. I cannot wait to get this surgery on my other foot this summer. It has been a long awaited relief. I'll be praying for you - Sarah T.

BrianG on 2/05/02 at 23:04 (072742)

Good luck, rest your foot as much as posible, and don't forget the ice. I used frozen bags of peas myself.

BCG

PS Some pain is expected, let your doc know if it is so bad that you cannot sleep. Don't be afraid to keep you doc updated on it (pain).

Laurie on 2/06/02 at 00:21 (072744)

Dear Pam , YOu know I am with ya all the way .... I wish you only the best and will be waiting for the email from your hubby or son letting me know you are ok, I know you will be ok.

All I want you to do is REST , REST , REST ......

Much love to you , Laurie R

Re: Surgery ??

BrianG on 2/10/02 at 22:07 (073320)

Hi Laurie,

How is Pam, did she have the surgery? I haven't seen any posts, did she write to you? Hope your doing well, Pam.

BrianG

Sarah T. on 2/05/02 at 16:38 (072664)

Best of luck to you Pam! I hope you will do as good as I have. My surgery was 12-21 and I'm wearing regular shoes now! I'm amazed at how good I feel. My foot gets very sore when I've been up a lot but it is really coming along. I know it will continue to get better and I can only hope that you will have as much success as I have. I cannot wait to get this surgery on my other foot this summer. It has been a long awaited relief. I'll be praying for you - Sarah T.

BrianG on 2/05/02 at 23:04 (072742)

Good luck, rest your foot as much as posible, and don't forget the ice. I used frozen bags of peas myself.

BCG

PS Some pain is expected, let your doc know if it is so bad that you cannot sleep. Don't be afraid to keep you doc updated on it (pain).

Laurie on 2/06/02 at 00:21 (072744)

Dear Pam , YOu know I am with ya all the way .... I wish you only the best and will be waiting for the email from your hubby or son letting me know you are ok, I know you will be ok.

All I want you to do is REST , REST , REST ......

Much love to you , Laurie R

Re: Surgery ??

BrianG on 2/10/02 at 22:07 (073320)

Hi Laurie,

How is Pam, did she have the surgery? I haven't seen any posts, did she write to you? Hope your doing well, Pam.

BrianG