Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ruptured Plantar Fascia

Posted by Kathy D on 2/04/02 at 20:44 (072583)

During the last 2 months of 2001, I received 3 cortisone shots to relive the pain of plantar fasciatis. Several days before Christmas, I encountered a sharp pain in the bottom of my foot along w/a ripping sensation. Ever since then, I have experienced a fullness in the front of my arch, inability to walk properly because of the 'swelling' feeling, and severe pain across the top of my arch. In addition, my toes have begun curling under and I find it difficult to get my feet into most of my shoes. I have to wrap bandaids around my toes so they don't rub the tops of my shoes. My podiatrist thought I may have ruptured the fascia, but the MRI was inconclusive.

I am really hurting !!!! Can you syggest anything that would help?

Re: Ruptured Plantar Fascia

Dr. Marlene Reid on 2/07/02 at 23:25 (072985)

I don't think that a rupture would cause a curling of the toes so quickly, if at all. Later on, with a full rupture, I could see hammertoes developing. I would ask to have the MRI re read by a different radiologist or get a diagnostic ultrasound for an accurate diagnosis. But to treat, treat as any other injury: rest, ice, compressin and elevation. What is the pod doing for it??

Re: Ruptured Plantar Fascia

Dr. Marlene Reid on 2/07/02 at 23:25 (072985)

I don't think that a rupture would cause a curling of the toes so quickly, if at all. Later on, with a full rupture, I could see hammertoes developing. I would ask to have the MRI re read by a different radiologist or get a diagnostic ultrasound for an accurate diagnosis. But to treat, treat as any other injury: rest, ice, compressin and elevation. What is the pod doing for it??